“Clean and nice for the money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fredericksburg

You added Motel 6 Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Warrenton Road, I-95 at Warrenton Road, Exit #133-A/133, Fredericksburg, VA 22405   |
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
north carolina
“Clean and nice for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

OK, so IT IS a Motel 6. But the room was clean, even though it smelled a little smokey for a non-smoking room. Only complaint was it was 60' outside and no warmer in, and they apparently had the boiler turned off (heat blew cold air), so had to sleep in extra cloths. But it was quiet, safe location, clean, friendly, and cheap, so good otherwise.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Estero, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed here one night on our way from FL to VT because it was "dog friendly" and in the right location for our drive.

The front desk person was icy-cold and unwelcoming. We were asked to sign an elaborate legal waiver accepting responsibility for any damage our dog might do (LaQuinta did not require any waiver when we checked in there).

The door to our room looked like it had been kicked in and then repainted. Security consisted of an old-fashioned slide chain. The carpet was stained and we checked the bed for bugs before getting under the covers. The towels were thin and rough.

We saw some little kids playing on the other side of the building and it looked like some families are housed long-term in this motel.

Not a place that is conducive for restful sleep.

We would definitely avoid this place.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

I rated this motel 5 stars not because it is a luxury hotel with all amenities but because it delivered a clean bed and bathroom at a very low price as advertised. The room itself was fine, no leaks, no mildew. The bed was clean. The bathroom was clean and it looked as though the shower was fairly new. There was plenty of hot water for showers the next morning. We were provided a small bar of soap for the tub and one for the sink. Most cheap motels do have a slight stale odor, this one was no exception, but it was not overwhelming. The carpet was actually in pretty good shape, too. (That is often another typical problem in a cheap motel.) No bugs whatsoever. The only complaint if you could call it that was that the door was a just a bit hard to close. I would say this motel is a good place to stay for one night while on the road.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgian Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Motel 6 website lists this as a "New Location" and it probably is a new location but it is far from "New". The room was kinda smelly and the motel in general is kind of run down.
I-95
5308 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Although you do get what you pay for and with a room rate of just under $45.00 tax included.

I just blasted the room with Febreeze but the rest of the family wasn't impressed and would never ever stay at this motel.

This motel has turned me off of Motel 6. I used to find Motel 6 a good choice but I think they just have too many run down motels now.

My suggestion would be...spend a bit more money and get a better motel than this location.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
USA Traveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is a decent motel, the rooms are clean, staff is friendly, I really do not have any complaints. I did not arrive at a time when I would swim, so I can not comment about the pool. The area near the vending / on-site laundry (specifically the sidewalk) was a bit dirty, although I only went there once. I would have stayed at a better hotel if not for my travel nightmare out of Dulles Airport, but I must say that I end up staying at Motel 6 kind of often, and this specific location is overall above average. Might not be the best, but is far from the worst!

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I stayed at this motel for 4 days and I enjoyed my stay. I'm a young lady and I was alone, so I had some concerns at first, but when I got there and was comfortable in my Motel I felt better. My advice is that if you are a lady and alone, try not to go outside alone late at night. During my stay there were about 3 Mexcian men that were hanging out of there Motel rooms drinking beer and starring at me whenever I would come and go from my Motel. I just said hello and they said hello back, but ladys try to stay in late at night. Overall, I would stay at this Motel again. The staff was very friendly and prfessional.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — People in my business
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I travel alot and have stayed at plenty of Motel 6's across the country. I know it's basically just a place to sleep and rest on a long trip and I have never had a bad experience until I stayed at this one. The first day there was no hot water in the morning. In the afternoon when the hot water came back on, the AC went out. It was a hot day and the AC didn't come back on until late that night. The next morning the hot water was out again and didn't come back on until later that night! There are no "Do Not Disturb" signs, so the cleaning staff just barges into the room. Also, the cleaning staff had a radio on their cart and were playing it as loud as it could go at 9am. When we went to complain to the front desk, there was a line of others complaining about all of the same problems. The clerk's answer to every problem was either "I don't know" or "Ok", and nothing was done. Terrible place!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!