“Didn't feel clean or safe...” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Warrenton Road, I-95 at Warrenton Road, Exit #133-A/133, Fredericksburg, VA 22405   |
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New Milford, New Jersey
“Didn't feel clean or safe...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had paid the same for a much nicer room the night before in a different state, and it's always a gamble travelling with a dog for a budget...but this Motel 6 was on the flip side of the risk coin. Though it was clean enough to pass my pre-check-in "inspection," it was shabby, very small, old/run down, and most of all: icky. We could tell immediately that there were weekly/monthly (and, according to the front desk clerk, annual) residents, which is always a sketchy crowd no matter where you go. Plenty of clusters of people outside rooms smoking (who knows what), weird stains on carpet, old hole-y blankets, and a general feeling of yuckiness both in and outside the room. HOWEVER, the shower was weirdly AWESOME (besides for not wanting to let the shower curtain touch my skin) and that was the only reason I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1. Would not return, especially knowing what IS possible to get for such a low price.

Room Tip: We requested a room along the back so we could keep an eye on our car...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Let me start by saying I’m not a hotel snob. I’ve stayed at a number of Motel 6’s. I’ve generally found that Motel 6 delivers exactly what it promises: “a clean, comfortable room.’’
I’m not sure I can say that anymore.
This specific unit is one we’ve stayed at a number of times before. Honestly, it has always been on the lower end of Motel 6 standards. We’ve had times where there was a drip on the rug that lasted throughout the night, or the clientele seemed less than savory. But we’ve found it passable, if barely.
After this trip, I think we’re simply done with this unit. First off was the nasty smell in the room. We travel with a smoker. So I’ve been in plenty of smoking rooms. But the smell in this room was almost overwhelming, worse than pretty much any one I’ve been in before.
The bathroom mirror had a big crack in it. There were dead bugs on the floor. At the end of a long day of driving, my wife and I just sucked it up and stayed, knowing it was just for a night and we’d be clearing out in the morning.
But we definitely did not feel clean or comfortable. We agreed that on next year’s trip, we’d be looking for a new place to stay. I honestly think a close corporate inspection is in order to consider whether this place still meets Motel 6 standards.
There are plenty of better options at this same exit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Over very many years I have stayed at this motel several times a year. It is a corporate run motel and it certainly shows. No one seems to care - it is very full of what some call 'long term renters'. So all the easily accessible rooms are never available. People hanging about all day and what seems like half the night - you have to wonder when they sleep.
All the rooms I have used, desperately need refurbishing. The towels are threadbare, parking anyhere near your room is difficult and they have the termerity to charge foe the wi-fi. As a money saving thing the pool was closed "For the Season" - it was in the 90's and late June ?? crazy.
So why do we go there ? It is a very handy place for all the places us tourists want to visit, its reasonably cheap and there are excellent facilities such as shops, restaurants etc - within about two miles. As I always say, every dollar we save goes towards the next holiday

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

(SAT: 6/1/13) Took the less expensive senior rate, but then the microwave & the fridge was extra, as was the $2.99 internet service. Comfortable room, clean enough, but the ceiling square above the shower head was water stained & looked as though it could fall in. This did not effect comfort or sleep; however, our 1st floor room was in the middle of renters, who generated a lot of parking lot noise. Parking spaces near the rooms were at a premium. There were loud banging exterior doors, voices, & parking lot TRAFFIC: loudly departing & then returning vehicles noticeable from 10:30PM-through 2:45AM. Sleep was constantly interrupted. The next morning I commented to the very pleasant lady clerk, who said "long term renters" will need to be reminded that overnight guests should be able to get some sleep. (Idea: "long-term" parking spaces could be assigned away from 1st floor exterior doors for a quieter stay & more accessibility to the 1st floor rooms.) It was an endurable experience, but we needed to be refreshed & on the road by 5AM the next morning. YAWN-departure did not happen until 7AM.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, make sure your room is not surrounded by barking dogs & loud neighbors...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Oh my! Stay away from this one. Mold and filth on the carpet. Cigarette burns on the blankets and bed covers. Dog poop on the sidewalks. Innerspring mattresses from the 1950's. This is a truly bad motel. Additionally, it's not near any decent places to eat or shop. The price was very low, however.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this Motel 6 and it is cheap and clean, and has a very friendly staff. There is coffee in the morning but no breakfast (pastries are available in the vending machines). They provide plenty of clean towels and a couple small bars of soap but that is it (no hair dryer either). If you want anything more than that, than pay extra for another motel. Wi-fi internet is available for an extra $3 per night. Motel 6 is for those of us that just need a place to sleep and shower and do not want to pay for all the extras we don't need.

I recommend this Motel 6 if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: This motel has two floors, the first floor being the most convenient. Other than that, any room is a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Motel 6 twice when visiting MCB Quantico and the D.C. Metro Area.

It's a decent bed for a decent price. The WiFi, however, never works, and of course tech service is only available after a 30min wait.

For an area full of overpriced lodging, this location fits the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor courtyard/pool pool side room. This is the quietest.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!