“Overall, Ok Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Warrenton Road, I-95 at Warrenton Road, Exit #133-A/133, Fredericksburg, VA 22405   |
Ranked #30 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
Augusta, ME
“Overall, Ok Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a small dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, and because Motel 6 does not charge a pet fee, I stay in quite a few of these properties. I usually check TripAdvisor for advise, which I did in this case. It seemed that this was the best Motel 6 of two in Fredericksburg. It got an average rating, which is pretty much spot on. The desk clerk was super nice, the room was small, but clean, though the comforter on the bed did not smell fresh, and the bed itself was OK. There are a lot of "residents" here, but they were quiet and not any issue. Plenty of :green space" to walk the dog. No evidence of bed bugs. Not my best Motel 6 experience, but I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back It's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dartmouth NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Check staff was friendly and most accomodating when we asked for a different room than the one first assigned because we didn't like the distance we would have to hump all our luggage. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable which are the only 2 things I need after a long day driving. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Honesdale,pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The rooms smell like a zoo. Rude front desk. When I asked for a room change because of the smell, (just had an operation with tubes still in me) I was offered a second floor room, walk up only. When I explained the position I was in, the front clerk called the sheriffs office and had me evicted. I would rather sleep in the street than come here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were travelling north on the I-95 and most of the hotels in the Frederickburg area were sold out. Since it was late in the evening, we decided to take a chance on the Motel 6.

The area the hotel is located in is "so-so" that caused a little concern with our vehicle being parked overnight. However the parking lot is well lit and we had no problem.

Our room was obviously newly renovated with what appeared to be a breand new bathroom. No stains or mold.

The rest of the room was spotless!

Front-counter service was friendly and prompt.

The room was $55 for a Saturday night which was very good value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Basic room that was clean and recently renovated. Free coffee in lobby and they even have a swimming pool. We had a room away from the highway so it was pretty quiet. Great place for the money and traveling with a pet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Extremely nice & helpful front desk lady. Clean room. Excellent price!

• Stayed December 2011
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed one night last week on drive back from the south. I have stayed here before and knew what to expect, a cheap, serviceable, convenient place to sleep. For those who are familar with the chain ( I have probably stayed at 50 different Motel 6's), it is an average one...neither the worst nor the best. Unlike some Motel 6s, it's located on a major highway (I-95) so you don't have to search local roads to find it. It's convenient, with a 7-11 and a gas station across the road. The surrounding environment is normal and did not appear unsafe to me. If it was dicier, the front desk wouldn't have been open and I would have had to use the night window. Check in was quick and pleasant and much appreciated since it was after midnight. My only complaint is about the shower.....the low flow restricter head pumps out so little water that it took me 20 mins to rinse off all the soap....but that is common in many Motel 6s.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!