“Serviceable, Cheap, Convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fredericksburg

Motel 6 Fredericksburg
You added Motel 6 Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Warrenton Road, I-95 at Warrenton Road, Exit #133-A/133, Fredericksburg, VA 22405   |
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New York City, New York
“Serviceable, Cheap, Convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed one night last week on drive back from the south. I have stayed here before and knew what to expect, a cheap, serviceable, convenient place to sleep. For those who are familar with the chain ( I have probably stayed at 50 different Motel 6's), it is an average one...neither the worst nor the best. Unlike some Motel 6s, it's located on a major highway (I-95) so you don't have to search local roads to find it. It's convenient, with a 7-11 and a gas station across the road. The surrounding environment is normal and did not appear unsafe to me. If it was dicier, the front desk wouldn't have been open and I would have had to use the night window. Check in was quick and pleasant and much appreciated since it was after midnight. My only complaint is about the shower.....the low flow restricter head pumps out so little water that it took me 20 mins to rinse off all the soap....but that is common in many Motel 6s.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Niantic, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011 via mobile

The room was not very clean. There were crumbs in the bed which makes you wonder if they even changed the sheets. The location was not great either. I felt a little unsafe. I would not go back there.

• Stayed August 2011
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family and I stayed at this Motel 6 for 2 nights. While it was not my first choice my Dad loves Motel 6. The motel is basic, basic beds, tv etc no frills. The pool though was very nice and clean which we swam in. The motel is right off the highway so it's not the best neighborhood although we did not feel in danger or anything like that. Good place to get some sleep and head out the next day. Very low nightly rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

stopped on our way from CT to SC - 3 adults 3 kids. We had 2 rooms and paid a very low price. Arrived at 1:00am. there was a group of about 10 people hanging out in front of the main entrance - older crowd - late 30s and 40s. Check-in went well, but the person working the front-desk was behind bullet proof glass and handed receipt via a slot on the bottom of the glass. The rooms were small, but they seemed clean, including the bathrooms. Both of our 'non-smoking' rooms had ashtrays, and had a very strong smoke odor combined with a strong musty odor. There was also a perfumey air freshener odor, presumably from some attempt to cover-up the smokey / musty smell. We were all exhausted and went right to sleep. Beds were pretty comfy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

I got what I expected. I don't agree completely with some of the very negative reviews I read on the site before choosing the motel. I was anxious going in but the room was clean, but it was an old room. There were stains and burns in the carpet, but again, it was an older establishment. There was a faint odor of smoke in the room but there were smoking rooms around our nonsmoking room and it was expected that the smell would permeate the surrounding area. There was a little dirt inthe shower but I was more from not cleaning the rags fully in between rooms. The room was free of insect activity and the beds were comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and eager to please. The Internet was extra, but it was not a service we were reall expecting the motel to provide at all. There is a McDonalds right next door if paying $3 is too outrageous. We definitely got what we expected fir $37.00 a night.

• Stayed July 2011
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I don't ask for a lot in a motel; as long as everything works and is reasonably clean, I'm happy with most of the low-cost Motel 6/Super 8 type motels. This one is really bad, and doesn't deserve the 'Motel 6' brand at all. Stay away!

Our room was very cramped and everything was marginally operable. The wi-fi which we had to pay extra for, did not work at all for me.

An added bonus was that I was completely unable to find a drink/snack machine, or even an ice machine, anywhere on the premises. I had to walk to the adjacent shopping center to get something to drink, in the cold. Not happy at all with this place; on a subsequent trip through this area, we went across the road and were much happier with the room, for about the same price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
McGaheysville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stopped there Sunday morning about 1:30am. I was alittle leary as I had never stayed at a Motel 6 but after pulling in the parking lot and seeing how full it was as well as a Security person on site I felt better. The gentleman who waited on me was very nice and didn't take long at all. I am a picky person when it comes to motel rooms and I probably was even more picky as we had our 6 year old granddaughter with us. We were all exhausted as we had been to a truck pull and heading to another get together Sunday afternoon. The room was spotless !!!! The bathroom was "Clean". The beds were very comfortable. Check out was later(12:00) than most motels which was great for us.Everyone was very friendly Sunday morning as we checked out . The pool was so clear and the area around the pool was spotless. Again I was very impressed and they will have my business again !!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!