“Cheap but decent” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Motel 6 Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Warrenton Road, I-95 at Warrenton Road, Exit #133-A/133, Fredericksburg, VA 22405   |
Ranked #30 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
Florida
“Cheap but decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My family and I stayed at this Motel 6 for 2 nights. While it was not my first choice my Dad loves Motel 6. The motel is basic, basic beds, tv etc no frills. The pool though was very nice and clean which we swam in. The motel is right off the highway so it's not the best neighborhood although we did not feel in danger or anything like that. Good place to get some sleep and head out the next day. Very low nightly rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

stopped on our way from CT to SC - 3 adults 3 kids. We had 2 rooms and paid a very low price. Arrived at 1:00am. there was a group of about 10 people hanging out in front of the main entrance - older crowd - late 30s and 40s. Check-in went well, but the person working the front-desk was behind bullet proof glass and handed receipt via a slot on the bottom of the glass. The rooms were small, but they seemed clean, including the bathrooms. Both of our 'non-smoking' rooms had ashtrays, and had a very strong smoke odor combined with a strong musty odor. There was also a perfumey air freshener odor, presumably from some attempt to cover-up the smokey / musty smell. We were all exhausted and went right to sleep. Beds were pretty comfy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

I got what I expected. I don't agree completely with some of the very negative reviews I read on the site before choosing the motel. I was anxious going in but the room was clean, but it was an old room. There were stains and burns in the carpet, but again, it was an older establishment. There was a faint odor of smoke in the room but there were smoking rooms around our nonsmoking room and it was expected that the smell would permeate the surrounding area. There was a little dirt inthe shower but I was more from not cleaning the rags fully in between rooms. The room was free of insect activity and the beds were comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and eager to please. The Internet was extra, but it was not a service we were reall expecting the motel to provide at all. There is a McDonalds right next door if paying $3 is too outrageous. We definitely got what we expected fir $37.00 a night.

• Stayed July 2011
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I don't ask for a lot in a motel; as long as everything works and is reasonably clean, I'm happy with most of the low-cost Motel 6/Super 8 type motels. This one is really bad, and doesn't deserve the 'Motel 6' brand at all. Stay away!

Our room was very cramped and everything was marginally operable. The wi-fi which we had to pay extra for, did not work at all for me.

An added bonus was that I was completely unable to find a drink/snack machine, or even an ice machine, anywhere on the premises. I had to walk to the adjacent shopping center to get something to drink, in the cold. Not happy at all with this place; on a subsequent trip through this area, we went across the road and were much happier with the room, for about the same price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
McGaheysville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stopped there Sunday morning about 1:30am. I was alittle leary as I had never stayed at a Motel 6 but after pulling in the parking lot and seeing how full it was as well as a Security person on site I felt better. The gentleman who waited on me was very nice and didn't take long at all. I am a picky person when it comes to motel rooms and I probably was even more picky as we had our 6 year old granddaughter with us. We were all exhausted as we had been to a truck pull and heading to another get together Sunday afternoon. The room was spotless !!!! The bathroom was "Clean". The beds were very comfortable. Check out was later(12:00) than most motels which was great for us.Everyone was very friendly Sunday morning as we checked out . The pool was so clear and the area around the pool was spotless. Again I was very impressed and they will have my business again !!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I guess most of the bad reviews are from folks used to staying at a Marriott or Ritz Carlton. I drive from Tampa to New York and I've been staying at this Motel 6 twice a year for the last 4-5 years. It is what it is. A basic place to get a nights sleep. My rooms have always been clean and the staff has always been courteous and helpful! This location has the three elements I look for when needing just an overnight place to sleep. 1) Cleanliness, 2) Location, 3) Price. This, and it's sister site in Florence, SC. (return stopover) both satisfy all of the above requirements. I'll be heading North in a month and already ave my reservations......

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

...this is your spot.

Room was clean, liked the fact the shower stayed hot (took a 20 minute EPIC shower and it stayed hot the whole time!)and was clean/modern and there were sufficient clean towels to take a shower (so they're thin- if you want luxury go to Holiday or bring your own, good idea anyway they do have laundry on site!). They could put out at least 1 more bar of soap and some shampoo though. No evidence of bedbugs or other pests, I would trust having a young child here, if only to sleep. Bring a porta-crib for those under a year though!!!! Make sure you bring small quiet toys (legos, dolls, action figures, etc) or portable DVD/gaming systems if you plan on having any young ones here though- not much in the way of entertainment or even just open space to play on site. Teens would appreciate you bringing a laptop and you paying $3 for the wifi- it does work well so they can facebook away :) There is a small pool on the premises but I cannot rate as it is the dead of winter.

TV was good (good sound, easy to find remote that works), but very limited channels- cartoon network and no nickelodeon? 3 channels of ESPN but no Oprah channel or lifetime for us ladies? LOL There's an old-school coax connection for us gamers who like to bring our xboxes on the road- please stop at the exit before or after and hit up gamestop/Best Buy for the proper converter or else you WILL be disappointed-- their TV's dont have AV inputs.

NO fridge or microwave in room- so if you find this to be a necessity, please bring your own cooler/mini micro to plug in or pay $10-20 more and stay elsewhere (like the hojo across the way). If you are like my family and ready for anything- a cooler is fine (there are 2 ice machines on the premises)- the people at the 7-11 a 2-minute walk from the property are nice about you borrowing their microwave to heat something right quick as long as you are buying something in the store.

Food? There are some delivery services (expensive but good) that will deliver to your room--- but if one has a car, much easier (and cheaper!) to head to the local establishment of choice to dine at- and there are plenty of selections within a 15 minute drive, such as Sonic, Steak and Shake (both next exit down 95 S), and of course whatever chain restaurant you can think of either on that exit or one up or down...from denny's to red lobster. Just make sure to get any "munchies" before midnight as most everything down there shuts down at that time!!! I recommend wawa :)

HVAC (heat/cool)- Although the rooms have individual HVAC controls, my room on the 2nd floor was REALLY hot and I had to turn off everything and open the door for a good 20 minutes for it to cool down in the room! It was 40 degrees outside but 80+ inside! the rooms hold heat VERY well so keep that in mind. I ended up leaving everything OFF and cracking a window (appreciate the fact they did open!) to keep comfy and was finally able to close it right before i went to bed at 11pm with it being a comfortable temp to sleep.

Sleep time (say- between 9pm and 2am?)- easy. any excessive noise from neighboring rooms was quickly silenced with a call to the front desk. All I ask. :) No problem unless it was an OBVIOUS party going on (which is rare- they are broken up quickly by front desk and I do see police on the premises when I made my little 11pm jaunts to 7-11- makes me feel better as a woman!)

Vending- 2 ice machines, 2 soda machines that also dispense juice and water, a snack machine. Cheaper to walk to 711 though.

Laundry- 2 washers, 2 dryers in vending room. They work just fine. Bring your own soap. :) 7-11 is right there.....

Plenty of parking, you should get a spot where you can see your car from your room. Truck parking too.

Pets are allowed and there are plenty of grassy areas to walk him/her in. Don't know what extra fees are, I don't have one....

I would NOT recommend this place to anyone that has more than 4 in their party. The rooms are quite small. That is my only complaint. :( OK- that and the traffic can get a LITTLE noisy if your room is facing the highway. If not, you're golden. :)

Overall- I would say stay. It's a clean decent room and there's wifi and 7-11. Just be aware there is no fridge and micro, plan accordingly, and you'll be fine. :) If you can afford to spend an extra 25+ a night though, I'd go there though (only because they have a micro and fridge LOL, nothing against motel 6!) If they included those and held their price to $50 INCLUDING tax as it is now, I'd give them 5 stars instead of 4!!! :)

FYI- this rating is based on me visiting 4 times now in the past 6 months (I live within 100 mi. of here). I actually came back twice just to have a clean quiet place for cheap to spend a night alone as I live with roommates. They are consistent with their cleanliness and customer service so I can say YES with pride. :)

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Motel 6 Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!