“Excellent!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
lehigh acres, fl
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Incredible value for the money. From the pleasent greeting at the front desk to the perfect room, which was clean, comfortable and cozy. Will always stay here when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Spend the the little extra here and get alot more!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wedding party stayed at this hotel location. I would not recommend anyone planning a event to contact the group coordinator. If you need assistance, the hotel manager is a very nice lady that will assist you. She believes in customer service. The manager is a star*** The coordinator has selective memory, unprofessional and may screw up your important day and not care one way or the other. All in all the rooms are nice, the front desk staff is ok after they find out they don't have to kick you out. Recommend customer service training. Not all staff, one guy was very nice and acommodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Everything was above average! Indoor pool was nice too. Only complaint was the print room was always out of paper.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was very impressed with the stuff,front desk, housekeeping...everybody, very friendly place to stay..thanks 'n keep up the good job.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I coordinated a group stay at this hotel and it was an unpleasant experience. Our group reservation was made and the hotel requested a rooming list. We provided the rooming list via email and the hotel said they didn't receive it so we sent it again. They didn't confirm receipt so I left several voice messages and sent an email to the sales director to ensure they had our rooming list. This is two weeks before our group stay.

After a week with no response, I drove 60 miles to the hotel to confront the sales manager and confirm that everything for our stay was lined up. He was extremely rude, as was his assistant who waved her finger in my face - they both stated that they had returned my messages, that everything was fine, and any miscommunication was my fault.

While driving into work after the wonderful Wingate staff accused me of lying, they called ahead and apologized to my boss, completely contradicting everything they rudely told me while I was at their hotel. Even though they said our stay was set, they managed to lose our credit card authorization form so we had to send it again; this staff clearly unorganized and bad-mannered.

To make the experience worse, they told one of our out-of-town guests upon check-in that she didn't have a place to stay, even after she explained to them that her name was on our rooming list. She called me, practically in tears, and I ended up driving back to the hotel for a second time to explain the situation. As it turns out, the rooming list that was allegedly in the computer according to the sales manager was in fact only accessible by him, leaving his staff unaware of the group members we had staying there.

Something as simple as a five room reservation completely evades these people. And, it's one thing to be abrupt with me but entirely another to be disrespectful to someone on the group reservation. There's no excuse for poor customer service! Stay away from this terrible hotel.

*Update* A week after our stay, they still haven't sent me a receipt of the charges. I called today and was told they would email me a receipt within 30 minutes. That was almost three hours ago. When I called to follow up, every sales staff person was in a meeting and couldn't help me. Wyndham is apparently scraping the bottom of the barrel for its employees.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Well over $100 for a ONE night stay --- (less than 12 hours). And they managed to show me that customer service and common courtesy are words they simply don't understand or, more likey, don't care about!!!! Never mind, the most unprofessional staff I have encountered ever in my 30+ years in customer service and sales!
Slept (or tried to) in a room that averaged about 85 degrees because the A/C didn't work at all. Called the desk in the middle of the night and got no answer. Complained to the desk about it at 6:45 AM. Was told she would "call mer manager". Complained again to front desk at 8am. Was told she would get right back to us. Never did. Went to front desk at 9am. Was told she had to call her manager because she couldn't make a decision on her own. Meanwhile, my husband and I took turns taking COLD showers and had to leave our door open to the hallway to try and provide some relief from the heat. (coudl have sworn I was back in college living in an OLD dorm! ) ZERO privacy needless to say. And we had the pleasure of sweating the entire time we dressed for departure!
NOT A SINGLE apology or an offer of a refund from the supposed manager at the desk.
I would think that common courtesy would have dictated offering us, at minimum, another vacant room in which to shower and dress. But that would require customer service that was clearly non-existant.
WHAT A JOKE and disappointment of a supposed "hotel". And for over $100. a night. Don't waste your money! Thanks for reading my review! I hope you pass it along, as I will to anyone I know who travels. They may have my hard earned money with zero conscience, but please don't give them yours!!!!! Please!

Room Tip: Do your research more thoroughly than I did. There are tons of hotels/motels in the area that have...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here for a graduation weekend at Mary Washington. Motel is located right off the exit off of 95, but far enough away that we could not hear trucks on the highway. We had never stayed at a Wingate Motel, but were impressed. The entire property is designated non-smoking, which we love. The rooms and hallways do not smell like ashtrays and deodorizers. (They need to inform hotel staff not to sit outside the front door smoking, however.) Our room was on the 4th floor and was very quiet, even though the motel was nearly at maximum occupancy. AC in the room worked well but was rather noisy, even though almost new. Room was VERY clean and was larger than most rooms at comparable motels. We did not have an opportunity to use the pool, but it was larger than most with a hot tub. Breakfast was better and had more variety than most. We would definitely stay here again, compared to other motel chains. Front desk staff was friendly. Overall, this motel was good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family