“A must play - excellent condition” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover The Gauntlet, one of Virginia's finest golf courses in Fredericksburg. Opened in 1995, our par 72, 6,900-yard, P.B. Dye championship layout features lush zoysia fairways, and smooth, consistent bent grass greens. Set around the lake of Curtis Memorial Park in Fredericksburg, The Gauntlet has made its mark, reaching top recognitions such as Golf Digest's "Top 10 New Course to Play in the US" and Washington Golf Monthly's "100 Best Courses to Play in the Mid-Atlantic". The Gauntlet PGA staff is available for lessons, and our clubhouse is complete with a full-service bar and grill and fully-stocked golf shop. Perfect for your next golf outing, banquet, wedding, or special event.
“A must play - excellent condition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've played here since it opened in 95. The course is in superior condition. Plush fairways, greens roll true. A lot of work has been one on the couse and it shows.

A must play in the region.

Visited July 2014

Vienna, Virginia
“Inappropriate Check-In”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Upon my recent visit to The Gauntlet Golf Course I had a very disturbing experience. I was approaching the front desk to check myself, my family, and friends in. There was no one there. Out of nowhere to my disbelief I heard a sexually explicit conversation going on in the office behind the check in counter. I was absolutely mortified, especially because I had my wife and grandson with me as well. Once the woman realized she had customers at the desk she put her cell phone down and came out to check us in. No apolgy offered. In addition to her foul mouth, vibrant red hair, and pregnant with her breasts hanging out I was disgusted to say the least. If I hadn't driven from up north in traffic I would have turned around and left. If this is the type of customer service The Gauntlet Golf Course has to offer I have no desire to return. Families beware.

Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
40 attraction reviews
“As golfing goes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a good course, well run, plenty of easy walking, well groomed, carts work, and friendly staff.

Visited September 2013
Beecher, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
“first impressions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

the first 5 holes of this course have some beautiful scenery. the course is generally in good shape, a few greens are in need of some help. a fair course that is basically tree lined on every hole. keep it straight.

Visited September 2013
17 attraction reviews
“Great Layout!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This course was absolutely beautiful and challenging. The front nine is tight and requires some thought to pick your way through it. The back opens up a bit. The fairways are well manicured and overall the course is well cared for. The reason for only four stars? The greens. They rolled well enough but it was apparent that they could be better. They are pretty small. I think that the management my have reduced their size over time to save on maintenance. With this being said, I will be back! I enjoyed my round and felt the course was a fair challenge.

Visited August 2013