“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 357 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Large groups
Description: In Central Park near Total Wine. Open 11am-10pm, 7 days a week. Beer&Wine license (some Korean alcohol).
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The service was impeccable and the food was great. This was my first time eating Korean cuisine and the staff was patient and helpful. I chose the Bibimbop and enjoyed it immensely. I highly recommend this small quant restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Locust Grove, Virginia
“Embarrased to have taken my business lunch here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Awefull! First time eating here, dirty dishes laying around, food wasn't served at same time as my guests. By the time my food came out, my guests was cold. Rice noodles aren't supposed to be slingshot like. NASTY NASTY NASTY! Food awefull, service beyond terrible, cleanliness ...well, it wasn't clean. Three of us ate there, all of us thought food was bad. Two of us got sick. The youngllady sat us down on a booth in which the table was wet.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Recommend to your friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place was outstanding. Hot food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and most importantly Delicious! For right around the price of a value meal me and my friends will return often.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, NC
“Delicious Korean food in family friendly environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We took 3 adults and 2 kids here for dinner on Easter night. Choi herself helped serve us. The very good spicy pork dish was great according to my husband. My mom and I had the very tasty bibimbop in a hot stone bowl. Really delicious and fresh and accessible to someone who isnt too familiar with korean food. We really enjoyed all the kim chi sides. We were worried about finding food for our kids, but one loved the ramen noodle soup and the other the fried dumplings (begins with an M. Maybe mandoo?) Casual enough atmosphere for a family. My son loved the subtitled movie playing with a Mulan-like storyline.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our recent visit to Choi's for lunch was outstanding. We began with the Rainbow Sushi appetizer - delicious, fresh, attractively presented. We enjoyed two different entrees, both were served HOT, freshly prepared, generous servings and very tasty. In addition the eight tiny plates of various pickled vegetables were delicious and our server brought second helpings for any we requested - promptly and with a smile.
Mrs. Choi came to our table several times to see if there was anything we needed or wanted, even though our server was very attentive, too. It is obvious that the numerous diners that day were enjoying not only outstanding food, but also pleasant, attractive, clean furnishings and walls and background music to accompany the super service.
Such a delicious, pleasant dining experience will require many more happy visits to sample the interesting menu. Though there are less expensive Korean or Asian restaurants, we have put Choi's at the top of our list now. Fortunately, it's convenient to our favorite shopping areas also. Thanks to the owners and staff - we'll be back !

• Visited March 2013