“Best stay in Fredericksburg!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Selden, New York
“Best stay in Fredericksburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Steak N Shake next door on our trip back to NY from Savannah. Out of 5 different hotels on our trip this was by far the best. Brand new, clean, great kitchen, friendly staff. Wish all my stay were this good. Bed was very comfortable and room very clean. The bathroom was also pretty big and clean. A fridge in the room was a plus. Rates were really reasonable with my AAA discount. If you have AARP they give a discount as well. Location was right off I-95. I believe they are pet friendly as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Garrett H, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are thrilled that you had such a great experience at Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg. We take great pride in our hotel, and on providing superior kindness and cleanness to all of our guests. Our refrigerators are full-size, which is perfect for anything that you want to store in it...unlike the mini-fridges that you find at many other hotels. And seeing that we are right across the driveway from Steak 'N Shake, you just have to walk next door in order to get a good meal...at whatever time you want, since they are open 24 hours. We are, in fact, pet friendly, with a very reasonable pet fee of $25. Our location is right off of I-95, with easy access on and off if you are traveling that way. Again, we are so happy to hear about your great experience with us, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are traveling through the Fredericksburg area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Located between I-95 and Jefferson Davis Highway, this motel offers convenience, good value, quiet rooms with blackout curtains to ensure a good night’s sleep.

The room was large and comfortable, the kitchen was well equipped, wifi worked well, guest laundry and fitness centre were available downstairs. Reception was friendly and helpful with local information.

The area offers a good choice of eating options and supermarkets within a short distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. For those who may not know...our kitchens are indeed well-equipped. We have dishes, glasses, silverware, cookware, a cutting board, as well as a dishwasher...all for you to use during your stay. Our fitness center is also here for you...and is open 24 hours. Our guest laundry room is also open 24 hours, and laundry is FREE for ALL guests...which is a Candlewood Suites brand standard. WalMart and Super Target are very close by. Southpoint Shopping Center, as well as Central Park, are close as well...and we are only a few miles from Historic Downtown Fredericksburg, VA. Again, we are glad to hear of your great experience here at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in Fredericksburg.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

In town on business, and everyone I'm working with are staying here. We got a great corporate rate. The rooms are awesome!!! Brand new, very comfortorable beds, huge bathroom, kitchenette with a full size fridge, pots, pans...all that. If I ever needed a studio apartment, this would be perfect. Desk with network cables for Internet if you don't have wifi, 2 telephones (not sure why), a good-sized LCD HDTV with a DVD player, large closet, very nice decor.
Apparently, I was the second person to ever stay in that room, and the only reason I think that is because of the overlooked extinguished match in the ashtray, which had not been noticed by housekeeping, since it was hiding under the matchbook. This is an extended-stay hotel, so your room isn't cleaned everyday....but the place was still spotless, and although this was a smoking room, there wasnt a single clue to that, except for the ashtrays in the room. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Great little patio area out back with free-to-use BBQ grills.....you can borrow utensils from the front desk. Great laundry facilities and gym, but no pool.
Very close to a lot of places to eat...BWW, Steak 'n Shake, Hooters, Firehouse Subs....there is also a mall just up the highway with even more!
My only complaint - and the ONLY one - is the parking lot access. If you're coming in from I-95, you have to go down a few blocks to make a u-turn to get to the entrance. If you're leaving the hotel, and want to go left, you have to go under I-95, drive nearly a half-mile, then make a u-turn to go back.
Other than that tiny issue, a great stay altogether. Would absolutely stay here again, and will look for a Candlewood Suites in any area I have to work in the future, for sure!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Naples, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Incredibly spacious room with a small kitchen (but full sized frig). The hotel advertised as being pet friendly, but they really took this to new heights. Although there was the usual pet cleaning fee, they presented us with two "doggie bags" with dishes, food, treats, and a bottle of water for each. We will make sure to stop back there on our way up this Spring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our stay at the Candlewood Suites worked our great. The location was good near the access roads but can get a bit noisy with traffic. The hotel is pretty new and has all the appliances. Some tenants seemed a bit rowdy when we were coming in; One guy was throwing paper balls to the worker behind the counter. Overall it was good for the rate.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near traffic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Garrett H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in ensuring that all guests are comfortable, and feel free to move about and do what they please in their own space. We are indeed located right by Interstate 95 and US-1, which makes us convenient for travelers. Candlewood Suites prides itself on being comfortable, clean, and classy. While I do not recall the incident that was specifically mentioned, I do know that our guests like to have fun. Hopefully you will come back and see us the next time that you are in Fredericksburg.
Farmville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The front desk was very helpful and attentive to my needs.the room was clean and very spacious, full size refrig. that actually made it on ice, nice size desk was in the room also for business and a very large bathroom it was a very delightful experience.The fitness center was good also. I have no compliants at all. My room was 207 queen size bed nonsmoking suite and it was just that for the two days we stayed sweet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled that you had such a good experience with us. For those who do not know, the refrigerators do indeed have their own ice makers, which is perfect for extended stay guests. We take great pride in the kindness of our staff and Team. We also take enormous pride in the cleanness of our hotel. Again, we are glad that you had such a great time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in Fredericksburg.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is brand new but never should have opened for guests in its current condition. Amongst the issues in my room. The two drawers in cabinets did not close. One of the drawers was full of pots and pans which fell to the floor just missing my foot. The room door was not locked when I entered the room. I found that the door could only be locked if you pushed very hard against door. The shower had very low water pressure. The internet connection was either very slow or dropped. Pubic hairs were stuck to adhesive on the outside of the bathtub. Light fixtures were cracked. I found live roaches in the bathroom.

The hotel is not quiet. The rooms either directly faces US 1 which is about 75 feet away or at an angle to I 95. Getting to and out of the hotel is a bit of a hassle. You must make a right only when leaving the hotel and traffic often backs up past the hotel entrance because the hotel is located right at the US 1& I 95 ramp.

One postive is the area around the hotel has many restaurants to choose from and there is a Wal Mart Supercenter one stop light away.

It is too bad that this hotel was opened in its current condition. I talked other guests and they had similar issues with their rooms. The worst I heard of was an AC unit that was not working. I hope Candlewood and/or the managers of the hotel get the property fixed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear MoovinOn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. My sincerest apology for the room issues you experienced. I would love to have the chance to regain your trust in our hotel and would like to address this with you further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

Gherlyn C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!