“Bravo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 42 hotels in Fredericksburg
amherst, Ohio
“Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I want to thank Holiday Inn Express for a great stay, and for the exceptional help and courtesy extended to my wife and myself when we stayed there on our way to Florida. We were especially impressed with Preston and want to thank him for all his help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We traveled with our family, and found our room to be very spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable with firm mattresses. All rooms were clean, and linen had a fresh scent.
The bathroom appeared to be contemporary, but the counter was high reaching slightly above my waist - I don't think shorter people were taken into consideration with this design. Also, there were no towel racks, so we hung our towels and washcloths over the counter. Further, one of my pet peeves when traveling, is that although we made an advance reservation for four people, we were shorted one bath towel. We discovered this late in the evening and didn't feel like calling the desk, waiting for someone to bring us a towel.
The continental breakfast was one of the best we had ever eaten in. The room was spacious, and there was a large assortment of choices. The quality and layout of the food was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Not much to complain about with this Holiday Inn Express. Everything seemed pretty new - the rooms were nice and spacious. The bed was comfortable enough, with soft and firm pillows to choose from. I also liked the breakfast area, it was more spread out than most hotels where everyone is eating on top of each other. It's close to 95 and easy to get to, yet I didn't hear any outside noise. The only issue was the pancake machine had some problems, the pancakes kept getting stuck in the machine. And like other reviewers have pointed out, parking is limited. Very reasonable price through Priceline.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Due to a snow event in PA our trip from NY to NC was drawn out by several hours causing the need to stop overnight in VA. We were fortunate to have chosen this motel. The service was perfect, the room was great and the rates were reasonable. The motel is easily accessible.
The room was spacious, clean and my wife commented on how nice the entire building smelled.
The shower head was unusually nice and the water was nicely hot.
Good WiFi signal in the room.

One of the best dynamics of our stay was the breakfast room in the morning. Spacious, well lighted, top notch staff service ( I think the young man running the breakfast area has his eye on being the motel manager - He certainly has the best customer service attitude I've encounter in a long time. ) The food was great. Scrambled eggs ( fluffy! ), cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, waffles and more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laval, Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was our 3rd year staying there on a 2 ways driving trip to Florida. We are a family of 4 and rented as always, a suite. Again, everything was perfect. The only thing is that there was no cinammon buns this year when we where there. They were back order !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very slippery and dangerous bathroom floor and tub. My husband slipped on floor so I took rubber mat out of tub and placed under towel/ mat to prevent falling ... I slipped and fell out of tub. Holiday Inn Corporate Headquarters says they must abide by the determinations made by management. Management refused to warn future guests there might be a problem and offered no compensation for my fall instead chided me saying it was my own fault. Plenty of other excellent hotels in area. Try them and if you must go BE AWARE OF DANGEROUS CONDITIONS.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear playwrightoma,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the bathroom in your room accommodations and for the service you received during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Fredericksburg you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my base for four nights during personal Civil War study in the area. Although it's no bargain at regular prices, it is an exceptional hotel. Appearance and cleanliness are superior, not just in my room but in all public areas, including the elevators. Quality woodwork, tying it all together, deserves a mention. The attractive, comfortable community breakfast area surpasses any I've seen in other roadside property, equaling many a fine restaurant. (Unfortunately, it's not a full-service restaurant, which was a bit of a challenge.)

My four-night stay was a chance to dig deeper than first impressions and appearance, and I found no reason for complaint. Everything, including the friendly staff and the breakfast was "best foot forward." The hotel speaks well for the brand and the management.

Be aware that it is a roadside property. (Actually, it is tucked behind a service station.) Despite its address, it is not IN Fredericksburg or within easy walking distance of any attractions or places to eat, not easy because of heavy traffic. (I did walk to Waffle House.) Study your maps before you go. Expecting to see Fredericksburg on my drive south from DC, I had passed the exit well before stopping at the Virginia Welcome Center.

I have found a new, excellent place to stop when I take family from Dallas to visit relatives in southern Virginia. DFW > Reagan > away from that congestion > this property. Enough for one day and the assurance of a restful night.

Room Tip: I would get above the first floor and away from the elevator.