“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I drove from Ohio to Fredericksburg to attend a baby shower. It was a long grueling drive in heavy traffic and constant rain. This hotel was very welcoming. The staff was great - friendly and helpful. And the room was bright and the bed was comfortable. It has the same high quality free breakfast I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. They have something I have never seen before. They have an instant pancake machine. All you do is push a button and it spits out 2 pancakes. They aren't as fluffy as my pancakes, but were good. And they have the warm, yummy cinnamon rolls that Holiday Inn Express is known for. I highly reommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on a higher floor. If you are there during the week ask for a room in the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
First of all I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Centerville, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

On our way home from Florida to Cape Cod this Hotel was a very nice stop. It was way more than we expected as the Hotel stop on the way down was not so good. This hotel was clean, everything was new really not what you usually find at a hotel off 95. The breakfast was Ok better than most express meals. If you want a reasonably priced and VERY nice hotel look no further you can trust this one. I highly recommend. One thing, the lounge that is attached is a smoking one (yes beleive it or not) so keep that in mind.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2012

I also greatly appreciate your suggestion about the restaurant and lounge close to our Hotel. This information will certainly give more insight to all Trip Advisor readers, who looks up our property. However I would like to add that our property is totally and strictly Non-smoking. The Restaurant & Lounge named “Yak-A-Doo’s” is actually not a part of the hotel. It is a separate building not even attached to the hotel Building itself. However it shares the same parking lot of the hotel. The Restaurant part of “Yak-A-Doo’s” is non-smoking, but smoking is allowed in the lounge/Bar.

Hotel Manager
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Florida and Fredericksburg was a milestone in our trip. The room was more than expected. King size and well furnished. Staff was very freindly and helpful. It was actually cheaper than what we've paid for similar King Rooms at other Holiday Inns. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2012

West Hartford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

After logging 12 hours from FL I was ready to call it quits. Looked up Holiday Inn Express 1st because they are always consistent and comfortable. Sure enough, I wasn't disappointed. Clean, clean clean lobby and a nice, comfy room to match. They even labeled the pillows "soft" and "firm". The morning breakfast was the same as every other HIE, and that's a good thing. Nice, warm cinnamon roll, hard boiled eggs, good OJ and a very spacious dining area. My only complaint about HIE, all of them, not just this one) is the coffee sucks! If anyone from HIE is listening, charge a few more $ for every room and get a contract with Starbucks. Or install a Keurig and sell K-cups of good coffee as an option, but please stop exposing unknowing travelers to this terrible coffee. Seriously, I love HIE for it's consistent brand and will always choose HIE when it's available.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. I greatly appreciate and value your comments about the coffee. I apologize for the unsatisfactory coffee experience you had. I will certainly do my best to address your suggestion. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stopped here on the way to Florida. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was clean, modern and comfortable. It's a newer property. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stay there again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. I will greatly appreciate and value your comments about the exhaust fan & the bathroom vanity. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I will certainly do my best to address your suggestions. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stopped here for one night on the way to Florida; picked because of its location, easy on/off with I95 and the reviews we read. Everything seemed brand spanking new; the room was large with plenty of room for an easy chair, desk and chair, TV/fridge/microwave unit and king bed. Lots of hot water from a large shower head; the bathroom was good sized. My only complaints would be an exhaust fan that would wake the dead and a "modern" vanity which must be 45" high. Pretty but not real functional. We'd hoped not to have to get back in the car to get dinner, but the on-site restaurant got generally poor reviews and the gal at the desk agreed it was a loud and basic beer and burger joint. It certainly didn't look inviting. Nothing else is in walking distance...or safe to walk to on the highway. So we drove into Fredericksburg and found the 2400 Diner. Greek food which was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I, along with several other women enjoyed a delightful weekend at the Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg, VA. We had a scrap booking event and the services of the hotel were excellent starting with a delicious breakfast (free with room); coffee available throughout the day; clean facilities; comfortable bed and clean room. I will return for future events in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!