“Perfect location and wonderful experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Delaware
“Perfect location and wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to UMW. The bonus was the great downtown location! This is the only one in the historic district and while its a little pricier than the chains off I95 it's totally worth it. Clean comfortable rooms. The only dislike: breakfast in the bistro. Seems to be all heat&eat food. If we stay again we will plan to eat off-site

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is perfectly situated in the historic district opposite the vistors centre and within walking distance of quaint shops and interesting restaurants.The restaurant has booths lining two wall and each is equipt with it's own TV. Service in the restaurant was good but there is a limited choice and in view of the many nearby restaurants you might be better eating out. The bedrooms were well fitted out and the beds among the most comfortable we have ever slept in. We had no trouble with the valet parking which was efficient and quick. However, the best thing about the hotel was the staff. We got marooned there due to hurricane Sandy and what could have been an experience to forget was transformed by the friendly helpful service and advice from the front desk and all the staff we encountered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I spent four days there. As there was roadworks outside the hotel access was tricky so i would recommend valet parking and the park is a block away. on arrival at reception there had neen some mix up with the booking system amd i was held up for some time which resulted in my being given an upgraded room on the 4th floor. The room was large, well equipped and spotlessly clean. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The bar was well attended and seemed popular with locals. the staff worked hard to make sure everyone was looked after. The pool is "bijou" and the fitness centre smallish but looks bigger because of the mirrors. It has two running machines, a cross trainer and a cycle machine plus some weights. I used the laundry room on the 4th floor - have plenty of 25c pieces ready before you load up the washer or dryer! There's nothing much to find wrong with the Courtyard apart from nothing to shine your shoes with. Overall a very pleasant place to be and a very convenient base for all the tourist attractions.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Very well situated in the heart of the historic district, perfect location for all the quaint restaurants and shops. This is the only hotel located in the historic district which is the reason we selected it as we like to try the local wines with dinner so don't want to drive.
A few of the reviews mention parking as an issue. Either pay for valet or as we did, park right outside on the street where you are allowed 2hr free parking...after 6pm restriction lifted.
The small fitness room was adequate for my wife and our 5yr old loved the small pool.
Our only regret is that we arrived the day of Hurricane Sandy so only a couple of shops and restaurants were open. It's a pretty, interesting town and we would have loved more time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located in the midst of and in walking distance of Fredericksburg Va historic district. Right across the street from the visitors center and the tour trolley. Has restaurant and valet parking

• Stayed October 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I just stayed for three nights for a business conference. I was by myself. Cleanest place, new interior, most comfortable beds of any hotel I've ever visited. Fantastic amenities. The fitness center is small, and closes at 11 pm, but it was just me every time I was in there. I loved it.

The staff were all really friendly. There is one lady who was working the bar who, despite being super nice, was slower than anything and took too much time having small talk with other customers and left me hanging when I wanted to place an order. Another hotel staff member had to come and help me.

Bathroom was huge! Loved that.

Parking is in a paid garage over a block away, and that is not very convenient. But valet parking is available. My check in was a bit slow, but that was because some pain in the bum customer was complaining about not being able to get a room at the last minute.

The food is good, and the place is surrounded by great restaurants and within walking distance of some terrific sites and restaurants. Try that Bangkok Wok! If you like Thai food, you will like the place. About three blocks away. And a pleasant walk.

Took plenty of time to sit in the hotel bar in a booth with my own tv that was really comfortable. That was great.

I loved my stay at this hotel. Price is about average. Not too low, possibly a bit high. Average. But the hotel is fun and WAY above average. A well managed hotel! Congrats!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 329 and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a centrally located hotel in the heart of downtown historic district. Easy walking distance to many boutiques and restaurants. The hotel itself was reasonable priced as we booked the room months in advance for my daughter's wedding. The beds are VERY comfortable and that is very hard to find in a hotel.

HOWEVER, I want to warn everyone the valet service is severely lacking. We had several of us registered in our room so there was more than one vehicle using the valet parking. When you turn over your vehicle to the attendant you simply give them your room number. They do not give you a ticket like most valet attendants do. Upon pickup, you simply tell them your room number. Our daughter, had them bring her a car from ANOTHER ROOM, then our car, then they finally admitted they didn't have any more keys with our room number on it and could she please come and identify her keys! She then had to tell them what kind of car she was driving. Any dishonest person simply needs to hang out in their lobby and overhear a guest dropping off a car and a room number. Wait a few hours, as to pick up "his" car and poof...off he can drive in a car compliments of the Courtyard Marriott! They need to either implement a valet ticket system, start asking the guest to identify their car or something. For $12 a day there needs to be more precaution taken.

I discussed the situation with the manager the next morning and she told me it was very unusual for them to have more than one vehicle registered under one room. (I find this hard to believe as there was 7 weddings in the hotel that weekend) and that they had never experienced this before. She did remove 3 of the 5 valet fees from my bill. However, I did talk with another patron of the Courtyard Marriott while waiting for the horse and buggy ride who was also there for a separate wedding and she told me that they too had 3 cars registered under their room. They had also had a problem getting the right car from valet the previous day Guess management forgot that....and supposedly it had never happened before....yeah right!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Fredericksburg Historic District? Share your experiences!