“Six Star BnB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beechwood Manor

Beechwood Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Beechwood Manor
Save Saved
You added Beechwood Manor to your Saves list
140 Spotted Tavern Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22406   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Orleans, France
“Six Star BnB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The short drive out of Fredericksburg to Stafford is beautiful & well worth the extra few minutes for this superb find of a country bed & breakfast. A very modern yet traditional house set on 4 acres of rolling hills is absolutely immaculate. Even the chickens, which provide the eggs for morning breakfast have their own "hotel" adjacent to the guest parking! Both rooms are equally lovely & immaculate. You will never find a cleaner room/bath than these. Bathroom space is generous, exceptionally strong water pressure for wonderful showers & the best linens. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, the kitchen herb garden provides a bounty for the gourmet breakfast's. The Carlton's are wonderful host's, longtime residents in the area,they can offer recommendations on anything in the area.Their attention to detail from homemade snacks upon arrival,the smell of coffee outside your door in the morning & a superior scrumptious gourmet breakfast,is exceptional. If you are in Virginia this is the best overnight experience you will ever have!

Room Tip: If you love blue choose Belmont! They are both EQUALLY exceptional!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Donna opens her home with such grace and friendship. The room we slept in was very comfortable with nice bedding and linens and VERY clean. She served a supurb breakfast and welcomed our arrival with homemade muffins in our bedroom and fresh water pitcher with mint and lemon. Highly recommend !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Beautiful house set in its own grounds, bedroom and bathroom were really lovely, spacious and very clean. Bedding and towels were top quality and frequently changed. Donna was an excellent hostess producing different fabulous two/ three course breakfasts each day. We stayed 5 nights here and were made very welcome. Beechwood Manor deserves a high rating but it was the extra touches and help provided by Donna that made it stand out. Imagine waking up every morning to the smell of fresh coffee and tea along with freshly baked muffins outside your room, and that was before breakfast. Donna was always helpful and resourceful with getting information on places to visit and the loan of the sat nav during our stay made travelling around the area very easy. Beechwood Manor is set outside Fredericksburg itself and in a quiet country area, we saw this as an advantage as it was a quiet oasis after a busy day sightseeing. The trip into Frederickburg itself only took about 15/20 minutes. A great find.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Donna was gracious and welcoming. Our room was lovely, spotless and comfortable. The home is modern beautifully decorated and located in a peaceful country setting. We were welcomed with a plate of delicious homemade cookies and lemon/mint ice water. After a day of sightseeing, relaxing on the back deck overlooking the lovely landscaping was so enjoyable. Donna makes wonderful breakfasts. Donna was also helpful telling about restaurants and sights to visit. We loved the few days we spent at Beechwood Manor!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Beechwood Manor is a beautiful house in lovely scenery. Donna is the perfect hostess - charming, considerate, and a great cook!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tracy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My family and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Beechwood Manor. We found the accomdations relaxing and comfortable. Donna is wonderful host. The breakfasts were excellent as well.

We would certainly visit again should we be in that part of the country.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Date of stay: 15-16 May 2010: Beechwood Manor shot to the top of my B&B list because it was off the beaten path. My husband, grown children and I traveled to Fredericksburg so I could run the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon. I needed a good nights sleep and that's not usually possible in a hotel. We initially passed the B&B and had to go down the road a bit to turn around. Once we got back to the location we pulled into an ample parking area and were greeted immediately by an energetic Donna Carlton. One of the first things I noticed was the beautiful landscaping. The yard was immaculate and I was hoping the inside would be like the pictures I viewed online. When we entered the foyer, it was spacious and inviting. I could tell a lot of care was taken to place information relevant to the area at our fingertips. Donna showed us upstairs to the Belmont suite. I expected the rooms to be clean and tidy but they were exceptionally clean. Loved the fresh cookies! I walked into the bathroom and found myself looking for a flaw. I didn't find any. I was very happy with my overall experience. Since I was running the half marathon, I did not have breakfast the following morning, but Donna made sure I had bananas and offered several other items to which I had to decline. Cliff Carlton was very patient with our barrage of questions about the property and surroundings. I woke up after a very restful/quiet nights sleep. When I opened the front door I heard the birds chirping and it was just starting to rain a little. I went for a run up and down the hill to loosen up and went back inside. Overall this was a great experience. I titled this review "Best of the Best" because I've been to B&B's in other countries as well as here in the US and this one will be at the top of my list. I will recommend Beechwood Manor to my friends and family, and I will be back if in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Beechwood Manor? Share your experiences!