“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Akron, Ohio
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is our second time staying at this location and we would return again. This stay we had issues with interstate traffic and Mark at the desk was very helpful suggesting an alternate route for our trip home. I also had some last minute business items to take care of and he was more than happy to help me get my documents taken care of. Great service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks for taking time to write. We pride ourselves in great customer service and it is our number one priority along with guest satisfaction. Sure hope you will visit again soon. We appreciate the patronage and support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Leaving the outer banks Sunday at 5 PM we decided to drive till we felt like stopping on our return home . Fredericksburg turned out to be a good place to stop . We got a last minute deal on the room . Good price , included breakfast . Location is about perfect . Plenty of dining options within walking distance . Rooms are clean , if a little dated . Very few people there on a cold and rainy night . Breakfast was solid , not spectacular . Good service , friendly waiter . I don't think I would pay 10 $ for it though . All in all very good stop . Not our first time there , an we will stop there again when the situation arises .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glad you found our hotel a convenient stop from the Outer Banks and that here you enjoyed our breakfast, a good night sleep and location surrounded by restaurants and shops. Most of all, we are pleased that you will return someday in the near future. Thank you for your business and support.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The location of the hotel in Central Park area was within walking distance of several restaurants and shops and right off of I95. The rate was low compared to the great customer service, clean hotel and courteous staff.

Room Tip: We were in a room furthest away from the main area since it was New Year's Eve and 4 separate ev...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We appreciate the great rating...We do take great pride in our customer service, cleanliness and convenient location. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Come back to visit soon!!!
Frederickburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

So, I stayed at this hotel recently and I absolutely loved the hotel. The lobby was beautiful, the room decor had a very warm welcome feeling and was extremely clean, the hotel was super quiet, and the staff was friendly. They offered a complimentary breakfast which was absolutely amazing. Food definitely had a very pleasant taste. There's no doubt I will be staying here again. New favorite local hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
All our staff are pleased to be your new favorite local hotel. We are here to serve you! Looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you for taking time to write.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Okay, so this was probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, however there are always downsides.

First lets start with the good: The hotel is beautiful. A lot of conference and banquet rooms makes the hotel perfect for anyone needing a place to hold an event. And also, this hotel has a LOT of outdoor space. So in the summertime, I can totally see a lot happening outside with the big pool, gazebo, and plenty of land (as well as your balcony or porch). The breakfast can run you a lot of money if you are staying longer than a day, but if you are just staying overnight, then they give you complementary breakfast. Also, the beds were very comfortable. And, the location is just perfect, if you feel like McDonalds, or if you want to go to Wal-Mart/Target. The Spotsylvania Town Center is only about a minute from the property, so perfect location.

However, there are always some downsides. The downsides being crappy hotel staff.
At check-in, we went to check in (me being 15 and my friend, who paid and is checking in is 20) they tell us we have to be 21 to check in, which it says NO WHERE on their website. So, they proceeded to call the manager, who came after 5 minutes (and appeared to be taking his time) and looked at my friends licence, which says Connecticut. So he asks why he is down in Fredericksburg, and he says to see friends, and he says in a very rude, sarcastic attitude "This hotel is for business people, we don't want kids like you to party". So we left the hotel in a pissy mood, then I had to call a friend in the area to check us in. So after that, we got our key cards. Now I must mention that when I went out to the car to put things back before check-out, I had to go back in to get more stuff, and my keycard did not work with the door, so I had to walk all the way to an UNLOCKED entrance and had to walk all the way to the elevator (the place is HUGE). And the night before, I walked out another door, and almost hurt myself really bad, because on some of the doors, there is a step down, which I did not see. The least they could have done was put a "watch your step" sign. And, some of the outlets in the room were actually wired in with the LIGHT SWITCH! So I was charging my camera and phone on one of the outlets, and come time to shut off the lights to sleep, guess what stops charging?

But even if you look at the negative, there still is a lot of potential for this hotel. A lot of it is already good.

Room Tip: Get the executive suite. They are bigger, have balconies and are located on the 3rd (top) floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I was in Fredericksburg for an overnight stay. I researched other larger hotels close to the conference center but decided on this one since the had a special that was 25.00 less than the others. Other reviewers gave less ratings due to lack of heat and noise. This being an overnight trip, I would take the chance.

To my relief, I had picked a hidden gem for the area. I agree the surroundings are not as pleasant to look at but I realize the stores grew up around them. Besides, I'm there to sleep, not wander the grounds. You are within quick walking distance to The Olive Garden and IHOP.

The lobby is well kept and pleasant, the desk staff courteous and friendly. I had an interior room, first floor, facing the pool. The patio door opens to a balcony that is a floor up from the grounds.

Inspecting the room, I had two double beds, desk w/chair, a comfy chair with ottoman, standard bathroom with a second sink/mirror/vanity area. My surprise was the large screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, ironing board w/iron and hair dryer. At my price, I did not expect the microwave and fridge. This is normally additional at the other hotels.
The heat worked great, the room clean ( I check for cleanliness and other things), and I had a quiet nights sleep.

My next surprise came in the morning. I was issued two tickets for a free breakfast at their attached restaurant. Expecting your standard muffins and danish with coffee, I was pleased to see it was a full sit down breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries and toast. My daughter had Belgium waffles with bacon and orange juice. Great way to start the day.

I try not to give a perfect score on reviews but was impressed enough to give it here. ( I think the breakfast did it!) I recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and also your breakfast. We are thrilled to be your "hidden gem" and hope to see you very soon.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We have visited this property in the past and were pleased, so we decided to return pending up coming weather conditions. The rooms are ample in size and well maintained. Bathrooms well stocked with supplies and clean; breakfast, free, was served in the main restaurant from their menu, service good. Overall I would give the hotel a very good grade and will return again while in the area. Prices very competative.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a larger room for a small fee. It is on 3rd floor above the regular rate floor; quiet...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for selecting us as your hotel of choice during the recent ice storm. We are pleased that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and most of all ....the Value of your stay. Please plan a time to come back soon, perhaps during better weather conditions so that you may enjoy the area and nearby entertainment and shops.

Been to Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center? Share your experiences!