“Charity Donation request for Girl Scouts Troop” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Advance Purchase Discount
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, VA
“Charity Donation request for Girl Scouts Troop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Immediately upon arriving the Front Desk/Reservation counter, I was greeted by Harvey Wilson who had a welcoming and genuine smile. As an Assistance Girl Scouts Troop Leader for my daughter's troop, I proceed to explain my visit today - request for a small donation of toiletry items needed for Troop's holiday charity project. Mr. Wilson had the General Manager, Mr. Harb paged to the Front Desk/Lobby to assist my needs. While awaiting Mr. Harbs' arrival, I was offered coffee and observed the friendly staff around the area. Wow! In a matter of minutes I had come to the conclusion by watching how the staff interacted amongst themselves and guests that they wanted to be there and who took pride in their jobs. Everyone was upbeat, friendly, and helpful to guests & each other. That speaks volumes to a customer....just by their small gestures, their appearance and the sincerity I felt brought a warmness to my heart. I'm confident that in turn this pride of ownership in doing a fantastic job will serve each guest from the moment of their arrival and to the time of departure.

When Mr. Harb arrived, I was Immediately greeted with a firm, but kind hand-shake. I once again explained my situation of being short a few items for the Troop's project and without any hesitation, agreed to assist. Kindness goes a long way, especially during these economic times. To note - many BIG-name hotels with probably bigger budgets, said NO our requests for donations giving many excuses. We weren't asking for 100's or 1000's of items, just a mere 20-40 amounts. Shame on them and thumbs-up to the more economically hotels who truly care and its not always about the $$$$.

Even though I didn't stay at their facility, nor do I every rate anything a perfect score (believing there is always room for improvement), I would certainly recommend this hotel to others on mere customer service. I believe society has forgotten what that is all about, especially when your personal money can be spent at any establishment (clearly not the case here). Their professionalism, kindness and friendliness shines like the sun in the sky over the others. Guess their name says it all....HOSPITALITY - indeed!!!

We wish to thank them for helping our Girl Scouts Troop fulfill their holiday charity project this season. In addition, we would like to extend our wishes to Mr. Harb, Mr. Wilson and the entire staff at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conference Center for continued success and a most blessed 2013 holiday season!

Warmly,
GS Assistant Troop Leader and parent

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We are pleased to be able to assist with worthy causes and community efforts! We appreciate being included!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for a conference -- the service was excellent, however the hotel itself needs updating. Among our group, the room temperatures ranged from 59 to 80 degrees for the duration of our 2-night stay. The conference center was little better -- it must have been close to 80 in the Washington Room both days of our conference. The wiring in the conference center apparently needs an update as well, as it barely supported the AV equipment we required (projectors, microphones, and video recorders). The food was good and was well presented. The bed was very comfortable, however my room's "patio" was little more than a sliding glass door out onto the sidewalk/parking lot. On the upside, I was able to park right outside my room -- the downside was it made me feel like I was staying at a cheap motel rather than a "conference center." The fitness center equipment was also in need of some attention -- about 1/3 of the devices were not functioning properly, or at all. However it was indeed a good value for the price, and there are many restaraunts and stores within walking distance. I probably won't stay here again unless we have another conference here... but please do note that the staff were very friendly and as helpful as possible.

Room Tip: Recommend a room on an upper floor (balcony vs. "patio" into the parking lot). A room faci...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Our hotel certainly does have a rich heritage and has the character of any older hotel and amenities of modern hotels. So glad you enjoyed the location here in Central Park. We are particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service. Our number one priority is excellent customer service. We hope you will return soon. Ask for a room facing the pool if you do not want the walk out balcony. I think that may better serve you.
Partlow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The service at the hotel was great. We were accommodated with an early check in so that we could prepare for an event my daughter was in. We noticed as we were getting dressed that it was a little warm in the room, but did not pay much attention to it. After the event we returned to the room which was now at 80 degrees. We called the front desk to be told that there is no AC in the hotel this year only heat. It was recommended that we open the door and the maintenance man brought us a fan.

I took a shower noticing that the ceiling was worn and appeared to have had prior leak issues. Later I went into the bathroom and part of the ceiling was in the tub.

About 1am there was a dog in the room next to us that was barking and scratching at the door. This went on for about an hour and a half. The young lady at the desk assured us that they would take care of it, and eventually it was resolved.

Overall our stay was disappointing. I have lived in the area for many years and always thought this hotel was above par but after staying here I was not impressed and probably won't return.

• Stayed November 2013
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for the high marks in our customer service! We apologize that one of the guests in a neighboring room did not report that they were bringing a pet and subsequently, that pet was causing noise issues. Next time in town, we would be pleased if you would reconsider staying with us so that we may ensure a pleasant and restful experperience. Please call me direct. We appreciate your business and support and hope to have you back with us soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nothing fancy, but good value for your money. The common areas look a little dated, but the rooms are very clean and good sized. The beds are extremely comfortable. And Harvey at the front desk was very helpful and had a great sense of humor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed the "value received" during your recent stay and our spacious rooms with our very comfortable beds! We do hope to have you back with us soon. Thank you for your patronage and taking time to write.
BURKE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a nice hotel, not upscale, but recently updated. Really good price if you use the hotel's website. Rooms are of good size and beds are comfortable. You can walk to Outback, Olive Garden and shopping. Great place for meetings. I have been here several times for conferences and have had a good experience each time. Easy on/off to I-95.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
So glad you enjoyed your meeting here, the convenience of our location, the nearby amenities and our spacious guests rooms. Thank you for your visit and on-going support. Looking forward to serving you once again in the near future.
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

this hotel is very charming, right in the middle of everything you would need for a stay in fredericksburg. right off the highway, tucked away, so quiet. The restaurant serves a great breakfast..huge omelets and yummy potatoes. We have stayed here twice now, and it was welcoming every time. We would stay here again for sure. I love that it is around lotsa shopping and restaurants yet close to the attractions of Fredericksburg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your bountiful breakfast, our location here in Central Park and your stay. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for your comments and support. They are very important to us.
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was there today for a business conference and was pleased to see improvements in the property.The event that made an impact on my overall opinion was a service maintenance employee named Dottie. Her kindness and care was wonderful. She was attentive to the needs of the women. It was as if this was her home and she was your hostess seeing to your needs. I have been to about 15 conferences here and not once have I experienced this with another employee.
Thanks Ms Dottie!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding Dottie who is actually our employee with the longest running tenure....approx. 45 years! We shared your comments with Dottie who was equally thrilled as we were. You made our day.....and appreciate your kind support.

Been to Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center? Share your experiences!