“A Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Alberta, VA
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the Hotel and all of it's amenities. Great location by the mall with easy on and off access to I95. The adjacent mall is top notch with quality stores. Front desk personnel were very helpful and energetic. The facility is top notch with a very nice pool and basketball complex. The rooms were very nice with a fantastic kitchen with all new appliances. really liked the outdoor firepit area in the evening. Great place where I will stay again.

Room Tip: first fllor rooms have easy access to firepit area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Jeff,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your home away from home whenever you are in Fredericksburg!

Thank you again!
Ashleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed overnight on a trip to Washington DC to sightsee and continue to Philadelphia and New York. This hotel is what every hotel should be. It was clean, roomy, and had great friendly service. Not to mention a free evening buffet delicious meal and a wonderfull breakfast in the morning before we reluctantly left. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just pickany room, You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Fred K,

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in Fredericksburg. I will certainly pass along the comments to our breakfast staff, who, like all of our staff members, pride themselves in the service they provide our guests. Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Fredericksburg and hopefully we will be able to have you visit for longer than just a night!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here September 4th on our way home to Pittsburgh from Virginia Beach.
From the time we called to see if a room was available and upon entering the lobby until our departure the next morning the stay was beyond our expectations. The spotless and welcoming condition of the lobby; our room was also spotless throughout, fully equipped kitchen and bath, with everything in working order and a most comfortable bed. The evening meal and breakfast were adaquate and free. and the chef was very sweet and accomodating. We even got free wine with dinner Anyone wishing more than offered should go to a restaurant and pay for it. The morning breakfast was equally adaquate and free..We wished we could have stayed longer at this lovely hotel. The entire staff and the manager Ashleigh Smith do a fantastic job, it's hard to believe that anyone could rate this hotel with less than 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BobBidal,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I will be sure to pass on your positive words to all of the staff, and most especially to our food staff. We take great pride in our hotel and ensuring all of our guests are satisfied. We hope your travels brings you back to Fredericksburg and that you choose the Residence Inn as your Home away from Home.

Warmest Regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. In fact, we checked in on Thursday, August 29 and checked out right before Labor Day. Let me just say that I laid in bed on my last night and thought to myself - - "I don't want to leave." From the time we checked into our rooms (5 in total), there were nothing but smiles. The first two rooms that were ready, both had working fireplaces. This set us all up for a small letdown. Not all rooms are fitted with this amenity. The all have total control HVAC though. You can order up some heat or go straight cool. It is insanely helpful, with dealing with temperatures in Virginia.

The hotel has a nice sized gym, a 24 hour laundry room, great (free) breakfast, a pool that can accommodate up to 30 people easily...with room to move about. The one thing that I only got to experience once - - the hybrid basketball/tennis court. In addition, there are tons of stores in the immediate vicinity, not to mention a lot of great restaurants and shops; all within less than 7 minutes driving time. That includes the stop lights. It made me feel very good, knowing we chose a place that the kids could enjoy and the adults could rest at.

We had plans to go to King's Dominion and Fun Land, but never really had the need to. The family spent most of each day, in and around the hotel. I would wholly recommend this property to anyone seeking comfort, security, peace and a clean place to sleep. The staff were all attentive, courteous and went out of their way to ensure that our stay was memorable. Sarah (front desk) was quite helpful and assured us that we would have a great time, just by her smile. Her colleague (at night) did just the same. We were greeted by staff who wore smiles and did what they could to keep us smiling. I hated the fact that I couldn't play basketball every night. I got in too late. LOL!!

It seems as though most of the people I met in the hotel, had some connection with the military. So, you know this place is vetted as a great place to be, if you're in the armed forces or a contracted employee of the government. I look forward to heading back to Virginia in November and when I do, here is where I will stay. When you too are in Virginia, specifically Fredricksburg - make it your business to give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.

The hotel is pet friendly, but there is no hint of it anywhere. Every so often you will hear a small barking dog. The carpets are clean and fresh, which was a surprise. Many hotels with pools, have a hard time keeping that mildew smell out of the flooring. They don't invest enough time and resources, to combat the moisture, etc...

Room Tip: I hear that some of the rooms near the I-95 corridor, can be noisy at times. I was not far from the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Larry D,

This is a great review of our hotel and you covered so many different bases. It always amazes me at how much a guest learns about the area in such a short time. As you mentioned the local restaurants within walking, or short driving, distance are fantastic and include the Firebirds Restaurant, Bravo! Cuciana Italiana, Bonefish Grill, The Melting Pot, and much more. We are so happy to hear that you were able to get some rest at our hotel while the kids could stay engaged with all of the amenities we have and that are in the area. Thanks for the great review and for providing helpful information to other potential guests. We hope to see you next time you are in Fredericksburg!

Brunswick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Right off 1-95 located in Fredericksburg VA. Great location especially with kids. Close to shopping and restaurants. Nice clean rooms. Family friendly hotel. My kids loved the pool & spa. Bowling is near by. Friendly staff/helpful. Easy check-in/check-out.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Connier518,

We are happy your travels brought you to Fredericksburg to experience our wonderful staff and amenities, as well as our surrounding area. We would love to have you and your family back again next time you are in town!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very nice and super clean.customer service was not the best.got the impression that they didn't want to be bothered and flat.breakfast wasn't that great.breakfast staff seemed lazy and unintrested in accommodating guests.eggs were cold,potatoes were half cooked,and the cereal was stale.other then that hotel was good

• Stayed August 2013
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Zan22,
I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered while staying with us. We strive to make all of our guest stays with us memorable ones. I apologize that our customer service did not live up to your expectations, and am appreciative to you for bringing it to my attention so that we may make changes to always provide the best service to our guests. I can also understand your disappointment with cold eggs and undercooked potatoes at breakfast as that is not a pleasant way to start a morning. We have added some new staff members and I am sure if you come visit us again, you will see an improvement.
Again, I am sorry you encountered these issues and sincerely hope that you will visit us again and see the improvement.
Sincerely, Ashleigh Smith, GM
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stop off on our route home to NY. What a great comfortable stay. The rooms were spotless, had convenience items, and felt like home. I was worried about cleanliness because they are a pet friendly hotel however, it was insanely clean and fresh-no signs of previous pets :)

We enjoyed the 24 hour coffee, the indoor pool, and the hot tub. The staff weren't the friendliness, however we were extremely happy with the room, amenities, price, and would stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!