We stayed one night after traveling 7 hours from Myrtle Beach. Brandon, at the desk, was very welcoming and friendly, and there was hot coffee and popcorn in the lobby. We had three rooms in a row, and noticed one of the rooms had an adjoining room, but not adjoining to the ones we had. (We just kept the door locked). The beds were comfortable and gave us a good night's rest, but our bathroom door handle was broken (didn't lock....which was not a huge issue for us), but there were absolutely no towels or washcloths at all in the room. A simple call down to Brandon at the desk fixed that! And the breakfast was good the next morning before continuing on.
Also...the hotel is in a busy parking lot area with a few eateries around it....we went to the Mexican place across the street, on Brandon's recommendation, and enjoyed it! My husband was also pleased with how close we were to the battlefields, so even though we had arrived after 5pm, we still had enough daylight to explore for a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Express ® Fredericksburg Southpoint, located just off of I-95 at exit #126 on Jefferson Davis Highway.Our hotel offers a convenient location near all of the Fredericksburg attractions! Civil War enthusiasts can explore Chancellorsville Battlefield, Fredericksburg Battlefield, Wilderness Battlefield and Spotsylvania Battlefield. Other Fredericksburg attractions include George Washington’s Ferry Farm and Kenmore Plantation. Located between Washington D.C. and Richmond , our hotel is the perfect stopping point for exploring these great cities! Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Old Town Fredericksburg, with more than 100 boutiques and art galleries. Central Park offers more than 200 retailers and a movie theater. Wine, Hops and Spirits lovers can live it up at A. Smith Bowman Distillery, Blue and Gray Brewing Company and Lake Anna Winery. Recreation nearby includes Lake Anna State Park and Lee’s Hill Golf Club. Liberty Lanes Bowling Alley and Comedy Club are just ½ mile from hotel. Kings Dominion is just 29 miles from our hotel. Our Fredericksburg hotel is near businesses such as the University of Mary Washington, A-T Solutions, UPS and Providence Service Corporation. We are also within 35 miles of the North Anna Power Station, Quantico Marine Base and Fort A.P. Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Southpoint Hotel Fredericksburg
- Comfort Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Comfort Inn