We've stopped here many times on our trek to NC throughout the years and like the convenient location. They've been doing renos for the last couple years and the breakfast and indoor pool areas are really nice. They even have a nice patio off both to enjoy the weather at night after a long drive or with your breakfast.
But with all that said, there were done serious negatives in service. Our first room on our trek down (6/28) was 200 - the noise from the elevator, two sets of stairs and patio was an annoyance. If you really need an early nights rest for the next days drive, ask for ones further down the hall or higher floor. On our trip back up (7/6) the front desk tried to give us 202. When I tried to request another room because of the noise, the girl at the front desk looked confused (patio? Yes the hotel has a patio). So I gave up and just hoped it would be more quiet on a Sunday night. Well it got worse, the room she gave us was not cleaned (sheets completely pulled down and used cups everywhere). When we returned, she laughed it off which made me question the service at the hotel even more. Anyways, I guess you can't expect much for a one night stay on a road trip but giving out an uncleaned room and not seeing that as a problem is enough for me to use a different hotel next time. There's plenty around the exit to enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Express ® Fredericksburg Southpoint, located just off of I-95 at exit #126 on Jefferson Davis Highway.Our hotel offers a convenient location near all of the Fredericksburg attractions! Civil War enthusiasts can explore Chancellorsville Battlefield, Fredericksburg Battlefield, Wilderness Battlefield and Spotsylvania Battlefield. Other Fredericksburg attractions include George Washington’s Ferry Farm and Kenmore Plantation. Located between Washington D.C. and Richmond , our hotel is the perfect stopping point for exploring these great cities! Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Old Town Fredericksburg, with more than 100 boutiques and art galleries. Central Park offers more than 200 retailers and a movie theater. Wine, Hops and Spirits lovers can live it up at A. Smith Bowman Distillery, Blue and Gray Brewing Company and Lake Anna Winery. Recreation nearby includes Lake Anna State Park and Lee’s Hill Golf Club. Liberty Lanes Bowling Alley and Comedy Club are just ½ mile from hotel. Kings Dominion is just 29 miles from our hotel. Our Fredericksburg hotel is near businesses such as the University of Mary Washington, A-T Solutions, UPS and Providence Service Corporation. We are also within 35 miles of the North Anna Power Station, Quantico Marine Base and Fort A.P. Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Southpoint Hotel Fredericksburg
- Comfort Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Comfort Inn