We stayed here for a night on our way back from SC. Booked online in advance. No choice but to select a smoking room. As soon as you stepped out of the elevator onto the floor, you can smell very heavy smoking. The room had the same effect. Stayed in smoking room before in other hotels and never had it so bad. Surely use of air freshener would help.
Check-in clerk, Matthew, was efficient and thanked me twice for being a Priority member which was appreciated.
Breakfast was good. That particular morning it was quite crowded as there was a large group staying there but there was enough seating.
Unfortunately, we left a small bag we used to house our GPS and EZ Pass device behind. We have the GPS device with us but the EZ Pass device was in the bag. We made the discovery after almost three hours on the road. Called the hotel and Matthew answered the phone. He managed to retrieve our bag from the room. Asked him to please arrange to have the items returned to us and gave him a credit card number to use to pay for the dispatch charges.
After a few days, called to follow up on the status....the person on the other end of the line couldn't offer any info and asked that we speak to the sales director. Was put to a voice mail, left a message for her to call back but never receive the call.
Called again a few days later and it was useless as well.
Emailed Customer Care and never received a reply.
A charge showed up on the credit card statement that a dispatch service was used. But after 2 weeks the items never showed up.
Not penalizing the hotel itself on the review. Customer care service can be better.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Southpoint Hotel Fredericksburg
- Comfort Inn Southpoint Hotel
- Comfort Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Holiday Inn Express ® Fredericksburg Southpoint, located just off of I-95 at exit #126 on Jefferson Davis Highway.Our hotel offers a convenient location near all of the Fredericksburg attractions! Civil War enthusiasts can explore Chancellorsville Battlefield, Fredericksburg Battlefield, Wilderness Battlefield and Spotsylvania Battlefield. Other Fredericksburg attractions include George Washington’s Ferry Farm and Kenmore Plantation. Located between Washington D.C. and Richmond , our hotel is the perfect stopping point for exploring these great cities! Shopping enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Old Town Fredericksburg, with more than 100 boutiques and art galleries. Central Park offers more than 200 retailers and a movie theater. Wine, Hops and Spirits lovers can live it up at A. Smith Bowman Distillery, Blue and Gray Brewing Company and Lake Anna Winery. Recreation nearby includes Lake Anna State Park and Lee’s Hill Golf Club. Liberty Lanes Bowling Alley and Comedy Club are just ½ mile from hotel. Kings Dominion is just 29 miles from our hotel. Our Fredericksburg hotel is near businesses such as the University of Mary Washington, A-T Solutions, UPS and Providence Service Corporation. We are also within 35 miles of the North Anna Power Station, Quantico Marine Base and Fort A.P. Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.