I stayed at this hotel March 16-17 for my daughter's soccer tournament. To start, I will begin my review the way I always do: I am a hotel snob with a middle class budget. I review hotels like I am looking to buy a house. Generally speaking, regardless of the class of hotel, I do not enjoy them. But I understand that hotels are a part of life, so I am realistic about my reviews. This hotel, especially for the price ($96 for a night) was a very nice experience - for the most part.
Customer Service: This is where this hotel gets the highest possible score. Samira (the general manager) and Chris (the front desk attendant) provided a level of customer service that I have not experienced in a very long time. Here's why: The hotel has only three floors. I detest sleeping on the first floor, but I did not request a higher floor when I reserved a week prior. In addition, I got to the hotel at 10:30 am on a morning when the hotel was sold out the night before. They not only quickly got a room clean for me and checked me in y 11 am, but they also spent 15 to 20 minutes moving guests around who were scheduled to check in that day, just so I can get a room on a higher floor. And they genuinely seemed not to be alarmed by my demand. I was very impressed.
The room: It was quite modern, with updated furniture. It came with a small refrigerator as well. I stayed in the room with my wife and two kids but I didn't feel as if the room was over crowded. Mattress was a little soft for my taste but my wife slept well, so it's a matter of opinion.
The Lobby: It's small but it is well kept with decent furniture. It is a nice place to relax after a long day and has a nice gas fireplace. There is a small indoor pool that people seemed to enjoy as well and there's a place to buy snacks. The exercise room is small (two pieces of cardio equipment, a few dumb bells). There is a washer and dryer on the first floor as well.
Cleanliness: This is where I have minor complaints, but there was a soccer tournament in town so there were a lot of kids. But still, they could have done a little more. The two trash bins in the eating/common area were overflowing a few times during my stay. The elevator was small and a bit messy and the common bathroom on the first floor could have been a bit cleaner. But again, to be fair, it was a very busy weekend for the hotel. But they knew it was going to be busy so they should have been prepared and had a person cleaning those areas and removing the trash a little more often. I would imagine on a normal week day or weekend this would not be an issue.
Food: Breakfast is free and what you would expect. They have two waffle makers (some hotels only have one and I hate that because of the wait), eggs, and an assortment of cereals and muffins. The orange juice did not taste good in my opinion. But everything else was fine.
There is also a Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant about 25 yards away, which makes it easy to have a desert at night. The hotel is also a short drive to the main area of Fredericksburg, which has plenty of standard retail stores, restaurants and sites to visit.
Overall: I recommend this hotel. It doesn't allow pets (unlike some of the nearby hotels), which I like, as my daughter has pet allergies. Plus, pet friendly hotels are just nasty in my opinion. I would stay here again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fredericksburg is located within minutes of downtown historical attractions, antique shopping, great Mid-Atlantic golf courses and Civil War sites including Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania Courthouse and the Wilderness Battlefield. Many well-known restaurants are nearby and a few are within walking distance. We offer spacious guest rooms with either one king bed or two queen beds and larger executive rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Fredericksburg
- Fairfield Inn Fredericksburg
- Fairfield Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Fairfield Inn