“The all around motel was good but I am(the wife...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3002 Mall Court, I-95 Exit 130 B Route 3 West, Fredericksburg, VA 22401   |
Ranked #29 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
SWANSEA
“The all around motel was good but I am(the wife...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The all around motel was good but I am(the wife) recovering from a hip replacement and the stairs were difficult. also we were promised a king sized bed a got two doubles. sleeping was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for being our valuable repeated guest, and providing feedback for our services.
Due to our first floor renovation work in progress, we regret that we were not able to fulfill your request at that current time. All of our pet friendly rooms are all Two- double bed rooms at this time, but with your experience we are considering adding some king pet friendly rooms. We hope to see you in the future, so that you may come and see our newly renovated rooms. Please feel free to contact us directly if we can make your stay here more enjoyable.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
OREGON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place was gross! Our room was at the end of the hall by an exit where EVERYONE went out to smoke so needless to say, that is all you could smell.
Bed was rock hard, room was barely vacuumed. Condom wrapper, food, etc behind all pieces of furniture. Bathroom had mold in every nook and cranny it could be in. Shower rod almost falling off the wall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for selecting Super 8 for your lodging accomodations. I am sorry to hear about your recent stay here at the Super 8, and any inconveniences that may have occured during your stay. We have very experinced, and hard working staff whom are making sure each guests stay is very enjoyable. If these inconveniences were brought to our attention immediately during your stay, we would have done everything in our power to make your stay enjoyable. Please give us a second chance, and let us know of any special needs you may have so that we can accomodate you properly, and make your stay here a pleasent one. If you have any questions please contact us.
DECATUR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I usually enjoy stays at Super 8. The typical experience I have when staying at a motel in this franchise leaves me feeling rested, appreciated, and like I got a darn good deal. Not so with this particular location.

First, the entire place smelled like cigarettes, even my non-smoking room. This wouldn't have bothered me, but on this trip I was travelling with my 13-month-old daughter.

Second, since I had booked through Expedia.com, the Front Desk Clerk demanded a twenty dollar deposit. When I asked why, he gave me a weak explanation about Expedia not covering damages if they were to occur. He really wanted my credit card number, but I gave him cash instead. He seemed a little miffed about this.

Third, they ignored my request for a first floor room. The hotel wasn't full yet and I checked in right at the earliest check-in time. I feel this may have had something to do with the $20 deposit thing, but I may be reading into it.

Fourth, the room was worn down and smelled. There were cigarette burns everywhere. The pillows were flattened out.

Finally, upon check-out, the clerk had to leave the counter to physically check my room for damage before I could get my $20 back. That left me with another wait in the lobby with my grumpy child. That was pretty ghetto.

I couldn't believe this hotel was part of the Super 8 chain. My faith in your brand is very tarnished now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Super 8 for your lodging accomodations. We regret that it was misunderstood that this specific location was a 100% non smoking hotel. Our hotel does accomodate smokers with smoking rooms. I am very sorry to hear about the inconviences that you expierenced while staying here at Super 8. As a non smoker I can completely agree with your feelings toward the smoking smell. Unfortunately Virginia has yet to ban smoking in hotels. We do take care of specific needs of our guest indicated on the reservations unfortunately there was no specific needs recieved on your reservation, or discussed at check in, or even during your stay. If given the chance I am positive our front desk would have immediately moved you to the second floor which is completely non-smoking. Second, for the deposit; your confirmation from Expedia should specify that the hotel may require incidental deposits. This hotel does take incidental deposits, but not a room deposit. We do check rooms upon guests checking out.We are a green hotel, we turn off all utilites, as well as looking for any issues with room so that we may take care for our next guest. Again we are very sorry for the inconviences you encountered during your stay; but we hope that it will not keep you from coming back, and visiting with us again. Please let us know what we can do, so that we can make your stay a pleasent one.

Been to Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!