“Not a pleasent stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area

You added Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3002 Mall Court, I-95 Exit 130 B Route 3 West, Fredericksburg, VA 22401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
DECATUR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I usually enjoy stays at Super 8. The typical experience I have when staying at a motel in this franchise leaves me feeling rested, appreciated, and like I got a darn good deal. Not so with this particular location.

First, the entire place smelled like cigarettes, even my non-smoking room. This wouldn't have bothered me, but on this trip I was travelling with my 13-month-old daughter.

Second, since I had booked through Expedia.com, the Front Desk Clerk demanded a twenty dollar deposit. When I asked why, he gave me a weak explanation about Expedia not covering damages if they were to occur. He really wanted my credit card number, but I gave him cash instead. He seemed a little miffed about this.

Third, they ignored my request for a first floor room. The hotel wasn't full yet and I checked in right at the earliest check-in time. I feel this may have had something to do with the $20 deposit thing, but I may be reading into it.

Fourth, the room was worn down and smelled. There were cigarette burns everywhere. The pillows were flattened out.

Finally, upon check-out, the clerk had to leave the counter to physically check my room for damage before I could get my $20 back. That left me with another wait in the lobby with my grumpy child. That was pretty ghetto.

I couldn't believe this hotel was part of the Super 8 chain. My faith in your brand is very tarnished now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Super 8 for your lodging accomodations. We regret that it was misunderstood that this specific location was a 100% non smoking hotel. Our hotel does accomodate smokers with smoking rooms. I am very sorry to hear about the inconviences that you expierenced while staying here at Super 8. As a non smoker I can completely agree with your feelings toward the smoking smell. Unfortunately Virginia has yet to ban smoking in hotels. We do take care of specific needs of our guest indicated on the reservations unfortunately there was no specific needs recieved on your reservation, or discussed at check in, or even during your stay. If given the chance I am positive our front desk would have immediately moved you to the second floor which is completely non-smoking. Second, for the deposit; your confirmation from Expedia should specify that the hotel may require incidental deposits. This hotel does take incidental deposits, but not a room deposit. We do check rooms upon guests checking out.We are a green hotel, we turn off all utilites, as well as looking for any issues with room so that we may take care for our next guest. Again we are very sorry for the inconviences you encountered during your stay; but we hope that it will not keep you from coming back, and visiting with us again. Please let us know what we can do, so that we can make your stay a pleasent one.
Travelers also viewed these Fredericksburg hotels
Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area
Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Cent...
#24 of 43 in Fredericksburg
3.5 of 5 stars 115 reviews
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
#10 of 43 in Fredericksburg
4.0 of 5 stars 369 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#16 of 43 in Fredericksburg
Quality Inn
#25 of 43 in Fredericksburg
3.5 of 5 stars 102 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Been to Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area

Address: 3002 Mall Court, I-95 Exit 130 B Route 3 West, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Location: United States > Virginia > Fredericksburg
#2 Best Value Hotel in Fredericksburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Venere, BookIt.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
Super Eight Fredericksburg
Super 8 Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg Super 8
Fredericksburg Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.