I usually enjoy stays at Super 8. The typical experience I have when staying at a motel in this franchise leaves me feeling rested, appreciated, and like I got a darn good deal. Not so with this particular location.
First, the entire place smelled like cigarettes, even my non-smoking room. This wouldn't have bothered me, but on this trip I was travelling with my 13-month-old daughter.
Second, since I had booked through Expedia.com, the Front Desk Clerk demanded a twenty dollar deposit. When I asked why, he gave me a weak explanation about Expedia not covering damages if they were to occur. He really wanted my credit card number, but I gave him cash instead. He seemed a little miffed about this.
Third, they ignored my request for a first floor room. The hotel wasn't full yet and I checked in right at the earliest check-in time. I feel this may have had something to do with the $20 deposit thing, but I may be reading into it.
Fourth, the room was worn down and smelled. There were cigarette burns everywhere. The pillows were flattened out.
Finally, upon check-out, the clerk had to leave the counter to physically check my room for damage before I could get my $20 back. That left me with another wait in the lobby with my grumpy child. That was pretty ghetto.
I couldn't believe this hotel was part of the Super 8 chain. My faith in your brand is very tarnished now.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg Hotel
- Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Super Eight Fredericksburg
- Super 8 Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Super 8
- Fredericksburg Super Eight
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Motel Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.