“DO NOT stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Spokane, Washington
“DO NOT stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were scheduled to stay at this hotel for 2 nights, but we BARELY manged on night and that was only because of no other options. We got in late, and other places were booked at that hour.
I had requested a non smoking room, one that had not ever been smoked in because of allergies.
Our rooms smelled like stale smoke, and that was just the beginning.
My daughter found a dead cockroach in the room.
The air conditioning was not working, and they refused to fix it until the next NIGHT at 6PM. The night we got there, it had been 95 degrees, and the next day it was to also be 95 degrees. We were going to be outside all day at my daughters wedding. This was absolutely unacceptable.
The bedspread has dirty with either blood, coffee, or some other unidentifiable substance on it.
*Shudder*
The blanket on one of the beds had a cigarette burn all the way through it.
The mattress on one of the beds had a very large urine spot on it.
The coffee pot carafe was missing.
None of the ice machines worked.
The list goes on and on. Please for your own protection, avoid this place.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AGM06546, Manager at Days Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. The Days Inn Hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. i hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from The Days Inn Hotel.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The place is crawling with cockroaches and I'm not just talking about the bugs, they have those too! It's definitely not a place you want to stay if you have kids. There are none of the amenities that they claim to have, except maybe HBO, a freezing cold outdoor pool and free breakfast. The pictures they show for this motel are so outdated, I think they were taken when the place was first built. Customer service is horrible, but I will say the maintenance person at least had some knowledge of how the place runs. Don't just walk away from this motel, run fast and don't look back!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for choosing Days Inn South during your recent visit to the Fredericksburg area. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your stay.
Your comments are taken very seriously, and I assure you that steps have been taken to address your comments. I know that you left very dissatisfied, but my hope it that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show our true level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Management
Medina, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Needed a place for an overnight stay. Picked this place for location and price. Check in was a disaster. Girl doing check in had the "blank stare" look for every question I asked and did not even care when I tried to pay with my current credit card instead of the expired card that was on my initial internet reservation. She said" I don't care, I still get paid whether the card is good or not". The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but had an awful stale odor to it. Went back to the girl and altough she did change the room for us, it seemed like a chore for her to do with more "blank stare". That room also had the stale odor but not as bad. The room also had no fridge. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ida C, General Manager at Days Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
We have every desire to provide the best solution available to resolve issues as soon as possible. We are actively working to improve our guest service levels and your feedback will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again in the future.
Palm City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

we came here thinking this would be a desent place to stay but we were wrong.In the past it was a pretty nice place,but now it sucks.The place is like the getto people hanging their clothes all across the balcony,kids running around half dressed with no shoes on while their parents hang out in groups doing who knows what.Also one of the buldings is completely shut down.The staff is pretty rude as well we ask to have our room cleaned and got additude from one of the maid service workers who told us that they don't clean rooms I informed her that I do not live here at this motel (as it looks many pepole do live here) I am a guest for three days and would like maid service every day.Speaking of cleaning,the rooms could be much cleaner I almost wore my shoes in the shower.So I think it's safe to say that we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from The Days Inn Hotel.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was traveling from wisconsin to virginia beach, and got stranded for 4 days. The first hotel i was in was a total dive,so I came up here to Days Inn - south. The management and staff were very understanding of my situation and went out of there way to make sure I got into a a room and made comfortable immediately. The room was clean even the maids went out of the way to make sure i was taken care of. Best of all being on a very tight budget the price was very economical. If you ever get stranded or just want to relax...I would certainly come here..Its home away from home. i am very pleased with the service of this motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ida C, General Manager at Days Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Days Inn Fredericksburg South. We are pleased to get your feedback regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your room . We would also like to thank you for your very nice comments about Management and staff. Thanks again for your comments and our staff is glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you selecting our hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Fredericksburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We arrived at 10:30 at night, got our key and ready to settle in. Only problem was that our room, was pried open (anyone could of been there waiting for us). Our room WAS NOT EVEN READY! There were no comforters and the bed sheets were all bundled up onto a bed.
There was not an apology given and in fact the person manning the desk questioned my wife as if she was wrong/making it up.
It did smell like a smoker had the room prior to us (asthma issues with our family so we woke up coughing)...
We knew it wasn't going to be a "5 star" place, but we were shocked at the lack of cleanness in the room.
Oh, Yea...almost forgot. THEY DOUBLED BOOKED US TOO!

Room Tip: Don't get a room here! Spend an extra bit of money to get actual service!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Ida C, General Manager at Days Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We strive to provide great service and clean rooms and it Is apparent from your comments that we failed to reach that goal. The housekeeping and guest services issues you described are not acceptable and definably not typical of the service we provide. Your comments are taken very seriously, and I assure you that steps have been taken to address your comments. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we can measure our true level of service, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. I know that you left very dissatisfied, but my hope it that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show our true level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Ida Carter
P- 540-898-6800
F- 540-891-6256
Naples, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Even by Days Inn low standards, this place is the pits. Let's start off with the positives. The front staff is very nice - I don't know how they work in this war zone of a motel. My hats go off to them. You get the idea of what is going on here when you see how they quite literally lock up front door access to the front office entrance once it gets dark (like a glass protected area and you work through a slot). We arrived to witness the aftermath of an actual assault on the second floor by a very skinny nasty older teenager who had beat up on her younger sister and brother (yes, there was blood and there was a lot of yelling and calls for help). We learned they are one of the families who live at the motel ... and of course the parents were nowhere around. I have traveled the earth and have stayed in some very weird third world places but this Days Inn would be legitimately scary for most people at night (my girlfriend was scared - I kept my daughter in the room). Clearly, it doubles as a long stay residence for folks down (way, way down) on their luck. I witnessed disreputable characters, girls who appear to live in their pajamas and walk around (trying to do exactly what I am not sure), questionable groups milling about, and worrisome, long dark looks from residents who appeared to be appraising who I was. Residents also appeared to be drunk or high or both (lot of happy high jinx talk). As to our own room, the tv cord was ripped out of the wall (I had to splice a connection), the remote did not work, the coffee pot was missing for the coffee maker and it didn't smell too great in the room. I recommend the nearby grocery store for beer and deli makings for sandwiches. Oh yeah, the pool - it wasn't open because the guy who cleans it didn't show up. I have stayed at this same Days Inn in prior years and while always a little bit sketchy, it used to at least be clean and used to have a working pool. I would say that it is now an out and out disaster. We went in late August on a road trip (sorry for the late review but you know what they say) and my girlfriend still talks about this place (and not in a good way). Like a really bad movie, it was so bad it was almost fun (for me ... not for my girlfriend or my 12 year old daughter). I wrote a long and detailed review to the Days Inn President and never heard a word back. The front staff is so nice I hate to say this but the owner of this place should just go ahead and make the transition and be honest and call this place what it really is - Longstay Residence for Undesirables. This place might be interesting if you are a cultural anthropologist or a sociologist looking to write a paper.

Room Tip: Easy. Go to another motel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Director of Sales at Days Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your comments on your stay back in August. We certainly appreciate your postive comments about our staff. Your comments regarding unruly guests and the condition of your room are upsetting. As new management in the hotel we have been working hard to address these unacceptable conditions and feel we have made great progress. Your review has been shared with staff and on behalf of Days Inn South Fredericksburg, we sincerly apologize and ask to give us another chance to show that we can exceed your expectations.

Been to Days Inn Fredericksburg South? Share your experiences!