“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
RICHMOND HILL
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Traffic was backed up on the interstate so we (family of 4) called it a night- front desk staff was very nice- room was clean and breakfast was great the next morning. Had a nice stay for the money! Very happy with them and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We know that traffic can be a headache at times, so we like to provide a nice, clean, comfortable place for our guests to stop over and take a rest from it.
I have passed along your positive comments to our staff. Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know what you enjoyed about your stay! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel-customer service was outstanding! We stayed 2 nights and we also asked for and received without any problem a late checkout for our last day. We were extremely satisfied with our room, the breakfast bar was OUTSTANDING and we would definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review on our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We take a great deal of pride on our staff and believe they do an outstanding job.

In your case it appears we got everything right and we couldn't ask for anything more.

We are so pleased you were satisfied with your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've stayed two weeks at this hotel, the staff have been extremely professional and the hotel is clean and in good condition. In fact, they're currently replacing furniture which is nice. Fair rates, a large variety at the continental breakfast. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family! They also allow pets for an addtional rate, however, it isn't ridiculous!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a review about our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you’ve had pleasant experiences while staying with us!

We are taking great pride in constantly improving our guest service experience in any way we can. The only way we can truly do this and be serious about it is to get honest and critical feedback from guests just like you. When we get such good comments about our staff and facilities we can see the areas we are doing things right.

I have passed along this review for all of the staff to review. You also pointed out we are replacing some furniture and indeed we are. We have now replaced the entire guestroom soft seating to include new ergo desk chairs, lounge chairs & ottomans, activity chairs and sofas in the suites! We are very pleased to continue to improve the property. We are also in the process of adding power blocks to every room located either at the desk or nightstand in every room so now all of our tech savvy guests have multiple areas to plug in their devices.

I would again like to extend my gratitude to you for letting us know what you enjoyed about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have never encountered such a friendly and helpful staff. They went out of their way to make sure I had a great stay, and when my cat hid so well in the room that I thought she ran away, they immediately searched the entire room and found her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed with our staff! I am very proud of our staff here at the Quality Inn Fredericksburg. We are lucky to have each and every one of them and they are all proud to continue to strive to provide the best possible guest experience they can.

I also recall the story about your cat; from a fellow cat owner I know the shear panic you must have felt when you cat went missing. I was thrilled to hear that she was found safe and sound in a really good hiding spot. That was a happy ending to a few minutes of dread and I am glad that it all worked out.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your experience with us. We hope we are given the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.
Perry, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a good location, near the I-95, near many restaurants at Central Park, and not a long drive to historic Fredericksburg. It had a nice pool and setting. The breakfast was very good.
Service was attentive. Our room could have used some painting - a little dirty in spots. But other than that, we were very pleased, especially with the good price. We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We understand how busy our guests are so when you take the time out of your schedule to let us know how we are doing we are extremely grateful.
I am so very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us! I am always delighted to hear about the positive points of our guests’ stays so I can relay that to all of our staff to point out the areas where we are doing things right!
I do apologize that your room needed some painting. Presently we are doing a great deal of improvements to our hotel including new soft seating in the rooms and as I am sure you noticed brand new flat screen televisions. In addition to those two exciting upgrades I am also happy to say that we are repainting our rooms as we find necessary. I regret that we unfortunately did not have yours freshly painted prior to your stay. I sincerely apologize for that and I can assure you that I will make sure that all of our rooms that need attention get taken care of so that this does not occur again.
I would again like to thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your stay, as I always tell our guests, the only way we can know what we are getting right and what we need to improve upon is from feedback from our guests like you. Therefore I am very grateful whenever we receive feedback, it is always taken constructively.
We hope to see you again soon at the Quality Inn Fredericksburg – Central Park Area!
Bucks County Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The desk clerk Irwin White gave up a welcome that was like coming home after a long trip. Very pleasant and helpful while professional. Our room was spotless, beds were comfortable and rooms quiet except for one late arrival but that was short lived.
Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, bacon and the usual coffee, tea and various selections to fit anyone's preference. Checking out was easy and pleasant thanks to another very pleasant desk clerk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay at the Quality Inn Fredericksburg – Central Park Area! I am delighted to hear that you received a “Welcome Home” from our Assistant General Manager, Irvin! Irvin is a fantastic member of our team and we are proud to have him aboard.
We really like to welcome all of our guests in this manner because many times we can actually be that home away from home that travelers need. Being away from home and family is not always exciting and sometimes the extra care we can provide to our guests helps ease that a bit.
I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your room. I have already alerted our housekeeping staff that they did an excellent job in preparing for your arrival. This is the bar we’ve set for them and hope we can always live up to it.
I am disappointed to hear that you had a late night disruption from another arriving guest. We try to remind our late night arrivals that other rooms are occupied, but sometimes folks juggling luggage trying to get into their rooms sometimes make more noise than we would like. For that I do apologize and hope that if you stay with us again in the future we can somehow avoid that.
Thank you again for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know how we are doing. We need constant feedback from our guests just like you to let us know where we are hitting the mark and where we need to improve. This is the best possible way we can continue to “wow” our guests.
Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon at the Quality Inn Fredericksburg – Central Park Area real soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Jason, who checked me in, welcomed me immediately upon my arrival. He said to call him if I needed anything. Ten minutes later he called me to ensure that everything was OK. Later when I was was looking for the ice machine I stopped by the lobby to ask where it was, and Jason offered to walk me over to where it was. Great service.

My room was exceptionally clean and spacious. There was a bit of noise from a motorcycle driving through the parking lot at one point, but otherwise things were quiet in spite of having a room facing Plank Road. I liked that room because I could park at the door to unload/load things.

Only one minor problem arose: The refrigerator in the room had about 1 cm of ice on the freezer compartment and needed defrosting badly. As a result, the refrigerator didn't keep things as cold as I would have liked. Based on the attention that I see hotel management gives to tripadvisor reviews, I'm confident that by the time I stay here again they will have updated the housekeeping policies to check and/or defrost the refrigerators between guests. Maybe they did this already because I reported the problem when I left.

I never got to try the breakfast because I had to leave early in the morning to drive to the VRE station to catch a train for a day's adventure in Washington, DC. The parking lot near the station fills so quickly that if I don't get there by about 5:15 am I would have an extremely long walk to/from the train station. For my next trip, I've got to find a better way than to have to drive there so early.

Overall, I highly recommend this Quality Inn Central Park when staying in Fredericksburg, VA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us! I am overjoyed to hear that our front desk associate Jason took good care of your during your stay! Jason exhibits exactly what we want in a front desk associate, someone who shows genuine concern and care for all of our guests. I have shared your comments with Jason and he has been rewarded for receiving a “shout out” in your review, something we offer all of our employees for a little extra incentive to make sure they make a positive impression on our guests. Although Jason does not need any such incentive, he is just a great employee and knows good customer service.
I am disappointed to hear that the freezer in your room was not properly defrosted. We have a preventive maintenance program in place that schedules regular freezer defrosts to prevent exactly this problem from occurring. It appears in your situation we fell short of completing that schedule in the proper timeframe. Whenever something like this is overlooked the outcome is always going to be guest inconvenience and for that I am truly sorry. You are correct that I have already relayed this information to our housekeeping team and have used it as a valuable experience in the need to keep a firm schedule in place for preventive measures. The main goal of this of course is to prevent guest impact; I am confident that they will ensure this type of thing is taken care of in advance in the future and we will all follow up to ensure it is.
I am sorry you did not get to experience our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I can understand the parking situation for the train station as I’ve had to take “the walk” myself before after parking far away. I hope that if you get the chance to stay with us again in the future that you can join us for breakfast. If you cannot, please ask for me when you check in and I can offer you a substitute option.
I would again like to express my sincere gratitude to you for taking the time out to let us know the positive experience you had during your stay, along with any areas that need improvement. We are well aware we can never be perfect, but the only way we can really strive to be as close as possible is by getting feedback from guests just like you.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon at the Quality Inn Fredericksburg – Central Park Area!

Been to Quality Inn Fredericksburg, Central Park Area? Share your experiences!