“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn near Central Park

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn near Central Park to your Saves list
Quality Inn near Central Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2310 Williams Street, 2310 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 43 hotels in Fredericksburg
Pointe-du-Chêne, New Brunswick, Canada
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our stay was Feb 27 to 28. We used a RoomSaver coupn which was readily accepted. One of my best experiences, a great staff who enjoy their job! Jason welcomed us with a smile and energy! He loves his job and it shows! After 10 hours of travel it was like a breathe of fresh air! He checked us in quickly. The room was clean but the bath smelled of cigarette smoke. Jason gave us a followup call to see if all was well.
In the morning the lady working the dining room (forget her name) gave us a warm welcome and was ready to serve our needs for breaskfast, restocking as needed. Great breakfast.
I will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn near Central Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn near Central Park in Fredericksburg, VA.

I was very delighted to read that you had a great experience with us during your stay. I was especially glad to hear that our front desk agent Jason was able to make your check-in process so pleasant. We agree that Jason does display his enthusiasm for his position and we greatly value him as an employee with us. We always make it a point to recognize our staff when they receive a “shout out” from former guests about their service and attitude. We made sure all the staff knew that Jason had positively impacted your stay and that we sincerely appreciated him doing so.

I was disappointed to hear that the room you checked in to had a cigarette odor. I have shared this with my housekeeping management and they’ve already taken the appropriate steps to properly deodorize and disinfect the room so that future guests do not encounter the same issue. I apologize you had to encounter this and I am very appreciative that you brought it to my attention so I can ensure it is properly taken care of.

I have also shared your comments with our breakfast hostess, Sandra who was the recent recipient of our employee of the quarter award for her outstanding service and stellar attitude. She received this award for receiving glowing reviews just like yours from our past guests.

I would again like to thank you for taking the time to point out both the positive points of your stay along with an area we can improve on. We love to hear when our employees have “wowed” our guests and at the same time also like to hear when we can improve upon the guest experience. It is comments and reviews like yours that allows us to do so, so thank you very much!

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel looked good from the outside but inside our room was a very different story. Our "non-smoking" room smelled of smoke. The "popcorn" style ceiling had large sections/chunks missing like they had fallen down. The shower curtain rod was falling down and faucet was very loose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn near Central Park, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am very sorry to hear you did not have a satisfactory stay with us. We strive to ensure 100% guest satisfaction at all times and with all of our guests. It appears in your situation we have fallen short.

I can assure you I have thoroughly reviewed your issues with my staff and management team and we will ensure that each issue is resolved so that future guests do not encounter the same issues.

While we would love to only get positive feedback we understand the only way we can improve is to get honest and candid feedback from guests like yourself when something does not go right. Therefore I would like to thank you for your feedback; it is very important for us to take action when someone’s stay is negatively impacted so we can remedy those issues right away.

Please contact me directly if you will be traveling to our area again in the future, I would love the opportunity to show you that we do indeed care about our guests and their comfort.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, so my top criteria were met. I throughly enjoyed the enthusiasm of the staff. Their pet friendly policy suits me well. I really like having a fridge and microwave in the room. Wi-fi connections is essential for us right now. Breakfast was OK (what do you expect for free?). Next time I will bring my own maple syrup and have a waffle.

The room was fine on our first stay. On the second, our room was in a different building The proximity to the Mexican restaurant Carlos and Kelly ( good and 10% off if you show your room "key") was a small plus, however, the room wasn't as good as the previous one. The second room needed some maintenance work: the table and chair were wobbly; the sink faucet and the shower rod needed adjustment.
That aside, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the neighbors quiet, and the staff lovely.

Room Tip: Get one that hhas been renovated recently.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! It is always a pleasure to hear about the enjoyable parts of a guest's stay. I am very happy to hear you had some positive experiences during your stay with us.

I would also like to apologize for the issues you encountered with your second room. We took over the hotel last May and begun the process right away to remedy the many issues the hotel had at that time. Part of that process is to go through each room one at a time and do a complete preventative maintenance overhaul, fixing anything that is not working properly and making note of any larger issues that will need to be repaired or replaced. This process will continue each day and starts all over again after each room is checked.

I have taken note of the issues you encountered during your stay and shared them with our maintenance staff. We will make sure that each of those issues is corrected so that future guests do not encounter the same issues you experienced during your stay.

I sincerely appreciate both your positive feedback along with the constructive criticism you have shared with us. We can only improve our hotel when we are aware of issues and it is guests like you who take a few moments out of their time to share them with us. We are grateful for that and also grateful for the positive points you have shared. I have shared with my staff as well, and all were very happy to hear you were impressed with their enthusiasm. We really do have a dynamic team here and I am glad they are making good impressions on our guests.

As we continue to improve we will be making some changes to our property including a complete lobby renovation, changes to our breakfast bar, improvements in the parking lot, stairwells, and sidewalks, and of course improvements to the guest rooms in the months to come. I would like to personally invite you back to our property in the future so you can see the positive momentum we will be making.

Thank you again for being our guest and sharing your experiences with us.
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's a Quality Inn, so one must keep that in mind when rating it. It's a motel, so access to the rooms are via an exterior door. This can be a security concern especially when other guests hang around on the walkway. Altough I did not experience any security problems.

The room was moderately clean, but certainly could and should be cleaner. The HVAC unit is noisy, and was retrofitted into the existing wall opening. It was never sealed properly so cold air blows through the gaps between the HVAC unit and the wall opening. I had to jiggle the toilet handle to adjust the flapper so the water would stop running.

The bed was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was decent. The internet connection worked very well.

All in all, if you're looking for a clean bed, a moderately clean room and don't mind the exterior room entrance and some noisy neighbors, this Quality Inn will fit the bill and your budget. It's not far from the Chancellorsville Battlefield for those Civil War history buffs that hike the battlefield during the day and just want a place to crash for the night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn near Central Park, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback and have already started taking action on the items you encountered issues with. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you I have taken your feedback very seriously and will ensure all issues are correct so that future guests do not encounter the same issues.

We appreciate your feedback and welcome you back to our hotel the next time you find yourself in the Fredericksburg area.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I came to this hotel for a quick over nighter while heading north for the holidays. The King Room I was in was decent. The Vanity by the bathroom looked very dated. They did have a breakfast in the lobby. This hotel is a 2 story exterior corridor hotel without an elevator. My complaint was that the curtain in my room looked like it was hung up in a big hurry. Otherwise I can recommend this for anyone coming off of I 95 needing some sleep.
Note: This hotel is behind a restaurant and I forget the name of it. There is a Wawa gas station just before that restaurant. Keep a sharp eye out for it. You can also download a coupon from a hotel saver website onto your iPhone or iPod touch and show it to the clerk on check in if they have rooms available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to here you had a pleasant stay. I apologize for the issue you encountered with the drapes in the room. We will ensure that the issue is corrected so future guests do not encounter the same issue.

We sincerely apprecaite your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again should you find yourself in the Fredericksburg area.
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Loved this hotel for the wifi and that it is pet friendly. Charged at $15 fee which is steep...i don;t understand why a pet fee is charged in the first place but whatever. Rooms are decent. Air conditioning and heating work well. Phone in the room needs to be fixed no labels on the keys and was unable to call the front desk when needed. Hotel is in a really good area with lots of restaurants and a huge shopping mall.

Room Tip: courtyard view rooms are nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DOutlaw, General Manager at Quality Inn near Central Park, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We always appreciate feedback from our guests so we know where we are doing things correctly and where we need to improve. I am happy to hear you had a good experience with our Wi-Fi! We actually just did an upgrade to our wireless internet throughout the entire hotel, so I am glad to hear it is working well for our guests. I do apologize for the need to charge a pet fee; this fee is applied to the extra cleaning costs incurred from pet hair that take a bit longer to clean up. This additional time and resource is what causes the need to charge a fee for a pet to stay with us. I am also sorry to hear that you had an issue with the in-room phone; I am addressing that issue right away to ensure it is in proper working order for the next guest to use. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay with us. I would again like to thank you for your feedback; we appreciate hearing from our guests and appreciate the opportunity to correct any issues that are brought to our attention. We hope to have you back as our guest in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visiting family and friends on east coast and this hotel was a wonderful stop over! Very friendly staff and clean hotel. I felt like I got more bang for my buck here. Breakfast hit the spot and coffee was always brewing. I appreciate hotels like this for those of us away from home! Will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn near Central Park? Share your experiences!