“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Fredericksburg North

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Fredericksburg North to your Saves list
Knights Inn Fredericksburg North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   386 Warrenton Road, I-95 & Warrington Road (U.S. 17), Fredericksburg, VA 22405 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Fredericksburg)   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Moncks Corner, SC
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Have stayed at this hotel twice (Aug 07) and June 2008. Hotel is under new management, renovations being done, pool being repaired. Reqyested extra pillows and towels and they were brought to my room within 15 minutes of checking in. The only negative thing is that the fitted sheets on the beds did not stay in place, looked like the elastic was worn out. Considering this hotel is undergoing new management and renovation I would suspect that new linen will be on order also. I would stay at this hotel again, price was very affordable, many resteraunts within 10 min drive, friendly staff and comfortable rooms make this hotel an excellent value.

• Liked — Easy access off I-95
  • Disliked — Pool was under renovation
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

This hotel gives the once proud Howard Johnson name a major black eye. This hotel is for long term residents with drug issues. I watched a guy smoking a joint outside his room while working on his beat up car. It is certainly not a place for children to stay but really everyone should understand that this hotel is dirty, run down, and the service is horrible. The front desk person was rude during check in. She was yelling at someone on the phone and ignoring us. My family and I spent one hour at this place and decided that we made a big mistake. I demanded my money back and the front desk person obliged reluctantly when I threatened to call the police about the drugs that I saw.

• Liked — they gave me my money back
  • Disliked — dirty rooms; drugs; run down conditions
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
upstate NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

A very unpleasant stay all around. This was a stopover on a vacation trip, with 2 small children. It was clear from first glance that this is a place that caters to long-term temporary residents -- lots of people milling around parking lots, working on cars, etc. Pool was tiny & crowded with kids having water fights; scared my kids. Room was a bit shabby/OK, but very loud, surrounded on all sides by people making noise till all hours. "Continental breakfast" was from a very small continent that must not eat much. Here's all you need to know: sign in the lobby says "no refunds after 15 minutes". Wish I'd seen that *before* I checked in.

• Liked — We didn't get mugged
  • Disliked — We were not comfortable with the people hanging around
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
newhall,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

My family and I( four of us) were looking for an quiet clean motel near Washington D.C. We called around to other hotel properties and we found that Howard Johnson Fredericksburg had the best rates ($42 per night through their triprewards program.) The building itself is in need of major rennovation but the rooms were adequate size(the bathrooms were small though.)We also got free cable, pool, and a continental breakfast.The front desk people were also helpful and friendly.The location has a lot of fast food restraunts and a supermarket nearby(hwy 17 opposite direction) and the major shopping center is at the next exit(exit 130).The negatives were they didnt have refrigerators in the rooms and there were a lot of insects at night. As in the other reviews, people were loitering around in the evening(i dont know whether they live there or not as they were also in the shopping center and the motel 6 across the street) they didnt bother us the area was pretty quiet.Overall, the stay was okay but next time I will pay extra for a better hotel.

• Liked — front desk,restraunts nearby
  • Disliked — building condition, neighborhood
  • Tips/Secrets — there are better hotels at next exit 130 try those first
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ottawa. On
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

We were looking for a Fredericksburg area motel, not too far from the 95. We eventually used a coupon from a coupon book found at Macdonald but should have been more careful in selecting the hotel.

The room was OK with dated furniture. We went to dinner at a big mall a few km away because there is really nothing around. We didn<t feel very secure so we got to our room early and locked the door. It seems that many trades people are using this hotel. It is not very family friendly. Front desk staff was OK. Minimal breakfast at the front lobby. We paid 42$ and it was worth 42$. You get what you pay for. We would not stay again at this location.

• Stayed August 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

My employer booked me a room here. I thought that it was gonna be a good place to stay because I have had really great nights at countless other Howard Johnson locations. This place was kind of a dump. The entire hotel was dirty and the front desk people were unfriendly.
My next trip to Fredericksburg I stayed at the HOJO in Massaponax (just one exit south on I-95) and it was real nice.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

Yes, I decided via internet where to stay for the first time in the Fredericksburg area, but I forgot that LOCATION should be the first concern. While the Howard Johnson's on Warrenton is reasonably close to the establishment we needed to visit, it was not in the best area of town. Apparently there were long-time residents staying at this hotel, which led us to feel uncomfortable by their general appearance and manner. (One "dirty in appearance" man was sitting on the top of the stairs reading a magazine and didn't bother to say anything or even look up as we tried to go around him to continue on our way to our room.)

Our room on the second floor was designated as a "non-smoking" room, yet the bedspread had cigarette burn holes. The carpet was dirty in many places and there was a sticky "residue" on the dresser area near the TV. Speaking of the TV, the remote did not work, whether due to a dead battery or what, we did not persue the reason.

This was a family night stay for us and we were very disappointed. We felt unsafe, insecure and uncomfortable there. We would NOT recommend this hotel/motel to anyone--regardless of the fact that it was priced much less than many hotels/motels in the Fredericksburg area.

We will be making many trips now to that area and will be making plans to stay in another area of town in a place with a better reputation.

My recommendation: Don't stay at the Howard Johnson's on Warrenton Rd in Fredericksburg, VA.

Been to Knights Inn Fredericksburg North? Share your experiences!