“Great stop for traveling with pets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   564 Warrenton Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22405 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fredericksburg North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Patterson, New York
“Great stop for traveling with pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I are used to staying at some dumpy motels when traveling between New York and South Carolina with our clean and well-behaved pets. Most places don't want us. The Clarion was pet friendly and a nice, quiet, relaxing stop for us. They gave us a room in the back, convenient to dog walking and easy to unload our stuff from the parking space directly to the room. The bed was comfortable, the room clean, and even though the place was full, it was remarkably quiet. I guess there were a lot of tired travelers like us!

Room Tip: Room in the back was nice and quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Beware!!! This was our first rest stop on our way to Florida, last yaer we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and LOVED it. This year unfortunately, they were booked, so we decided to stay at this known hotel chain. Exhausted after a 10 hour drive, we plopped our belongings on the beds and headed out to eat. Had we not returned so late in the evening, I would have ran out of this place. Smell is covered by a strong deoderizer, so at first you think, it's not that bad. Oh...but it is! The smelled of dustiness and over use of deoderizer made my asthma flare up. There are huge gaps in the exterior door, I had to fill them in with towels, so that creepy crawlers would not get in. I was too late, I found a cockroach on the disguting carpet. The door did not close properly, so we had to slam it shut. The airconditioning was loud and so close to the bed we had to push chairs and the coffee table in front of it in order to redirect the wind so we could manage to sleep. Dated, gross, the pool outside makes it feel like this must be a nice place to stay, but it isn't.
When I expained the extra visitor , aka "the cockroach" in our our room, the elderly lady working the nigt audit, just gave me 10% off the room. When I explained to her that I used to work at the Comfort Inn and we had to credit people back if they saw an ant, let alone a disgusting roach, she just muttered that that was all she was allowed to give, no appologies, no nothing! I think I woke her up from her nap, she was really cranky, and I had to yell "excuse me" as she hid in the back, trying to ignore me. Complete dump!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I chose the hotel for it's location. I was very pleased with the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and the staff was friendly and efficient. I would recommend it to business travelers who are looking for a place to stay in Fredricksburg!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I hate to give bad reviews, but my room was NOT satisfactory. Carpet was stained, the room itself had an odor, and the area outside my room was worn out concrete that needed repair and painting. Two flies were in the room, and I saw what I thought was a bug jump on the bed when I woke up the next morning.

The hot breakfast was meager, and the eggs definely tasted strange. No healthful choices were offered.

On the other hand, my friend had no issues with her room, which she declared okay.

I would not choose to return

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were in a first floor room right off a main walk way. The sheer curtains closed but you could see STRAIGHT through them, the heavy actual curtains only had partial tracks and could not be closed. Killed any chance of a romantic evening for us.

The lobby smelled like an ashtray, and the housekeeping staff forgot a rag in our bathroom. The drain for the tub was also out of the tub and filled with mildew. The whole place felt very dirty and creepy.

Room Tip: Don't be on the first floor...everyone can look into your room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here for two nights early June. The room was ok. One of the sinks had a stopper that did not work, but I was able to fix it with the part I found on the floor. The room had a slight smell to it, like there had been pets in the room. i know it is a pet friendly hotel, but there should be rooms where there have been no pets or the rooms need to be cleaned more completely. The breakfasts were fine, with a variety of food, with a change of the hot cereal. There were two pools, one inside and one outside which was a plus. The outdoor pool was large and we were the only family in it. It was fine for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was looking for pet friendly in Fredericksburg, found it. They are pet friendly with no additional fee. Front desk staff, Allen was helpful, friendly and, efficient. Free wifi in all rooms, free breakfast in their restaurant. We didn't stay and eat, so I can't say anything about that part.
We had Room 112 ground floor. Not a bad room, a bit noisy, but close to everything. (Ice, soda, restaurant, front desk)

The cleaning staff needs lessons on vacuuming, but the room wasn't too bad. We saw particles on the floor between furniture and under the beds. The bed ruffle had dog hair from a prior guest, and quite a bit too.

Our room had: iron, ironing board, hair dryer, fridge, tv.
The AC unit was broken, don't even try for cold air, let alone cool. :/

The rate was about $90.00 a nite.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!