“Eh... So so stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   564 Warrenton Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22405 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fredericksburg North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Youngstown, Ohio
“Eh... So so stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the clarion inn for one night on ur way to the Outer Banks in NC mostly due to the price and the fact that they allow pets. In a nut shell, you get what you pay for. We were welcomed by an inebriated tenant being handcuffed by local law enforcement and an rather odd smelling lobby and room. The smell was that of a dingy, stale, and dirty carpet that we were able to mask by spraying copious amounts of air freshner which we were forced to use since our request to be moved was denied because of our adjoining rooms. The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits w/ gravey, toast, and beverages all served buffet style on paper plates with plastic utensils. I wouldn't recommend it though if you plan on leaving soon after eating it. Would we stay here again? No.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Burkburnett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised on first seeing the room. The room was clean with linens in good shape and unstained furniture. Carpets were clean.
I would recommend the Clarion highly. We had paid much more for much less.

• Stayed July 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I’m a 35 year old female, and I stayed one night at this hotel with my 1 year old daughter and my 4 year old son on Thursday, July 19, 2012.
I enter the front lobby to check in. As I wait my turn, I immediately notice the strong smell of cigarette smoke. I read that in the other reviews, so it should come as no surprise. At this point it starts to become apparent that it's not the best hotel I've stayed in, and locals stay here. I'm an optimist, so I check in and get the kids up to our room. At least they have a pool for the kids, (which I ended up not using, by the way). Fortunately, I got a room close to the stairs. Not a short walk otherwise, when you’re alone with two small children and luggage. The room looks nice...
Not 30 minutes into our stay my sons says, "Mommy, what is this?" He has both hands all over a pink vibrator (yes, a dildo) that he found in the nightstand. I immediately clean him up as I explain that it was not bubbles that he found. Not happy!!! They're lucky my husband isn't here! Then I pull down the blankets on the bed and notice short, dark hairs in the bed. The sheets had NOT been changed since the last time someone was in it. I politely call and request another room explaining our experience so far.
Wish granted. I drag the kids down to the lobby to get new keys. The guy behind the desk apologizes and says he'll make sure a report is filed. I get a smoking room (I'm a non-smoker). I asked for something close to my current room because I have to drag both kids and luggage around again. My initial reservation was for a non-smoking room. I booked online. The new room, not so close to my car or the stairs. Although, it beats the alternative. At least it appears that the sheets have been changed in the new room...even if the carpet appears old and stained.
I wake up the next morning, anticipating check-out. I'll get breakfast for my children and head out. Different staff at the front desk, it’s a new day. I return my keys to the front desk and explain to the lady working what happened yesterday. (I want to make sure a report was filed). She apologizes, and shuffles through a notebook...it doesn't appear to me that a report was filed, based on her response. Did she just write something down? No, I don’t think so.
No confirmation on whether a report was filed last night or not. So I asked what it means when a "report is filed". She said, “It means I (emphasis on the word “I”) will report it to my manager and they will be in contact with you today.” So I said, “I don’t know why, unless they’re going to offer me a discount.”
I don't know if a report was filed, but I do know I never received a phone call or a voicemail. Not even a discount. Just an apology. I'm sorry the ower of the dildo could have had a contagious STD, and I'm sorry our cleaning staff missed it when they "cleaned" the room we put you in. I’m also sorry your four year old pulled it out and started playing with it, and I’m glad your 1 year old daughter didn’t put it in her mouth, like she does everything else, Whew!
To top it off, I wasn’t allowed to grab a bite for my kids for breakfast before leaving (you know, the complimentary breakfast that’s included with your pleasant stay). After explaining what it meant to “file a report”, the lady at the front desk explained the Policy, which states that you have to eat “IN”, and are not allowed to take food with you. I just wanted to grab a banana for my daughter maybe, and a sausage patty for my son if you had it??? But thanks anyway for the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had! Don’t worry, I won’t be coming back to your hotel, or any other Clarion Inn, for that matter…EVER!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

On our way to the OBX, we stopped in Fredericksburg, Virginia, so that the next morning we could visit the Museum of the Confedercy in Richmond. About half and hour before we reached Fredericksburg, I called the Clarion on Warrenton Road finding a coupon in one of those motel dicount books we picked up at a rest stop. The young man said they had two rooms left, but the coupon would not work. I decided to reserve a room to be on the safe side, It looked nice when we arrived, but I was very surprised how strong the smell of cigarette smoke was in the lobby. The young man said it was because they used the breakfast room off the lobby as a bar. I got our room key and went to our car. We lugged everything up the stairs, opened the door, only to discover the air conditioner wasn't on. It was almost 100 degrees out at 10:00 at night, and probably 90 in the room. We immediately turned on the A/C and proceeded to get ready for bed despite not being happy with the cleanliness of the carpeting. At 1:00 a.m. we were still awake and sweating profusely and beginning to doubt the cooling ability of the A/C. By 3:00 a.m. it was obvious that the A/C was malfunctioning. We tossed and turned and spent a miserable night. The next morning when we went to breakfast, which was included, I stopped at the front desk and told the girl about our experience so that they would not book the room til it was fixed. She showed very little expression and said, "I can only take 10 percent off your bill, cause you didn't notify us during the night." I told her we didn't want to have to dress or disturb our neighbors, but my main concern was not letting anyone else suffer. She again seemed unconcerned and said I didn't have to return to the front desk that she had taken 10 percent off our bill and checked us out. If she had been more gracious, I probably wouldn't even alert others to this issue.

Lansford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I only stayed 1 night because it was half way to my vacation destination. What a GREAT hotel for the money! We had a room right next to the pools and it made my Grandsons estatic. The first thing they did was go swimming. The pools were clean and well maintained. The breakfast was your standard breakfast served by most hotel chains. Nothing to write home about, but filling and free. Would I book there again? Yup!! Without a doubt.

South Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hotel convenient for Civil War site,

Other than that if we had been staying longer in the area we would have paid a bit more to stay elsewhere.

Not as clean as it could be but was ok to sleep and have shower and get on our way. Have stayed in a lot better and stayed in a lot worse.

Could do with a makeover, ie getting rid of everything giving it a damn good clean and redecorating then get new furniture

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in July as a stopover hotel on our way to Lancaster, Pa. The hotel is an older facility that is showing it's age - however the beds were very clean. The hotel offers a free breakfast in the adjoining restaurant, although we did not take advantage of it. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, and there are numerous restaurants very close by. We did not experience any problems, but I probably would not stay again, simply because I prefer a more updated hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!