“Good location but needs renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Brookline
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good location but needs renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is old and needs renovation but overall its ok. rooms are big with the basics. Breakfast was ok with all the basic foods. The location was good with shops and attractions nearby. The staff was cordial. Free wifi was a plus point.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are pleased to hear the staff was cordial, as we try to make sure each guest feels welcome. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and currently the hotel is planning a major renovation, to its guest rooms and public space. We hope that you will return the next time your travel plans take to this area, and thanks for taking the time to write us!

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location near coolidge corner but don't stay here. The room is dark and smelly. The service is not responsive at all. I've been calling and telling people that the bathroom sync is clogged for three days but couldn't get it fixed. They keep saying that they'll send an engineer, but nobody comes. It is getting ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us, however I am disappointed that we did not address the plumbing issue. I will send you an e-mail privately to discuss further, so that I may follow up with the engineering department, and please accept our sincerest apologies.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in Holiday Inn Broolline many times over the years, i always enjoyed my stay overthere. My last stay was on 15/6/2014 and i stayed for 10 days. The hotel is close to Longwood medical area and there is a lot of shops and restuarants around. There is a T stop right infornt of the hotel. I stayed in a king suite with my wife and 2 kids and it was huge with a very big living room, the rate was very reasonable and included free breakfast for all. The hotel staff was very friendly , specially Glenn and Jessie, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would personally stay in it everytime i go :)!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower better than the Atrium
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff, I will make sure that I share them with the team. Indeed the hotel is close to many world renown medical facilities, all within a short distance, and so convenient with the shuttle to and from the hotel. The neighborhood has some great shops and we are also located on the green line of the MBTA, just steps outside our door. We hope to see you the next time you travel abroad to Boston, and thank you again for taking the time to share your great experience with us!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for one night while on tour, the size of the room and bed are fine, staff were friendly, short walk up the street if you need any groceries or food. The hotel also has a nice dinning area for breakfast, and indoor heated pool and free wifi. Enjoyed the hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't like walking out into that chlorine smell from the pool ask for a room else where...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time on your trip to share your experience, and we are pleased that you found the staff friendly and enjoyed your stay. We hope you have a great rest of your vacation and safe trip back to Australia!
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I reserved a block of rooms at this Holiday Inn for my June wedding. First, out of all the hotels in the Kenmore/Brookline area, this Holiday Inn clearly was most interested in giving my guests (coming from a variety of income levels and locations around the country) a reasonable rate ($169/$179 vs $200+ at similar hotels in the area). And this was during the weekend of a Sox home game! Valarie, the group sales manager, was very responsive via email and phone when organizing my room block, and I was able to reserve the hotel shuttle to bring my guests to and from the venue.

My one quibble about the hotel is that my room block was situated in interior facing rooms. I didn't realize that this would happen, and was nervous that my guests would be disappointed. No one said anything to me, but it would've been nice to have my guests get some natural sunlight. I imagine that would come at the expense of a higher rate though, so we can't complain too much! My now-husband and I were also placed in an interior facing room. Upon mentioning the sunlight thing to the front desk, we were upgraded to a suite *and* given complimentary parking. Great customer service!

This hotel was also ideal for my out-of town guests, due to its proximity to Coolidge Corner and also because it's directory across from the St. Paul Street T-stop. I wouldn't hesitate on recommending this hotel to travelers looking for a hotel in a great location who also don't want to shell out $250+ for some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
First let us congratulate you on your wedding! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I am not surprised by the impression you have of Valarie our Sales Manager, as she is a great asset to not only the hotel, but to those guests like yourself who rely on us to help mitigate some of the stress involved in planning a wedding.

Indeed the hotel has many different room types at various price points, including our premium tower rooms, which some have exterior views. I am glad to hear you not only found value in out hotel but great customer service, and by far that never gets old as the staff truly try to make each experience memorable.

Again thank you for taking the time to write and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area, perhaps on your anniversary?
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in town this week for several Red Sox games. We go to the games often and try out different hotels each time, to see what best suits our needs. I think we've found the best one for us. The hotel is across the street from a T stop, on the Cleveland Circle branch of the Green Line. Couldn't be more convenient. It's about 4 stops from Fenway but we usually walked....took us about 20 or 25 minutes. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but bright and certainly adequate. It was interesting to have a room with no outside window. The window overlooked the indoor pool, but noise and light were not a problem. We used the room just for sleeping, so it didn't bother us to not have an outside window.
I think what really makes this hotel outstanding is the staff. I had read a number of reviews that mentioned this but I didn't really give it much thought until we were there and understood what people were talking about.
There is a restaurant in the hotel and we had breakfast there twice....the reasonably priced and tasty buffet. Both mornings we were given "to-go" cups for coffee. Nice touch.
If people book a hotel strictly on price and aren't familiar with Boston they might have an issue with the Brookline location but all they need to do is their homework. The hotel is in a residential area....very pretty and quiet.
We were told that the hotel will be undergoing renovations in the near future but we plan to be there again before that happens.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you had a great stay, and you brought up many great points regarding the hotel, to its proximity to Fenway, cleanliness of the guest rooms, and most of all the way the staff made you feel. I always enjoy sharing these reviews with the staff and they never tire from hearing how a smile or friendly conversation can make the world of difference. We hope that the Red Sox will turn their season around and see you the next time you choose to go to a game or two.
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose this hotel recently for a business trip as most other places were cray priced throughout the graduation week in Boston. The hotel certainly has gotten a bit aged, however, it was a solid experience all around. Plus, the location was very convenient getting to most locations around Boston in a short time by cab or car. Public transport stop right in front of the hotel adds to the flexibility if you want to go into Cambridge/Boston Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing outside, otherwise a bit dark experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Axmunich,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad that our location was very convenient for the purpose of your travel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your recent stay.

Your comments are greatly appreciated as these allow us to identify areas that need additional attention. We hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!