We were sending a son to study in Harvard University. After researching on the expensive hotels in Harvard Square and the cheaper but dingy ones out of Harvard Square, I chose this hotel as it has a T stop right outside the hotel, and a lively village two blocks, or a five minute walk away- Coolidge Corner. It also was good value for money, as the rooms were bigger than those in Cambridge, but cheaper than those in Boston and Cambridge. (Brookline is an upper middle class suburb in the outskirts of Boston.)
Coolidge Corner has great cafes, clothes shops and the Brookline Bookstore, which opens till 11 pm. There is also a Trader Joe's supermarket, a post office, and a Walgreen, which is a pharmacy /mini supermarket /photo developing center/ news agent. Walgreen also sells Trac Phones , which are basic phones with prepaid phone cards - ideal for tourists on short term or mid term visits.
The T stop outside the hotel is great for going anywhere in Boston! And even to New York! Just take the T to North station, which is about 30 min away. Then take the Chinatown bus from there to NYC. The Chinatown bus runs every hour and gets you safely to NYC chinatown in 4 hours, for a mere $15. The North Station also has buses going to other parts of New England like Cape Cod. So, I 'd say Brookline is very convenient to stay in.
Also, there is a bus number 66, which runs up and down Harvard Ave, where Coolidge Corner is. About five minutes on the bus and you are at TJ Maxx, a discount store for designer apparel and household supplies. If you dtay on this 66 bus and take it to its terminal, you are at Harvard Square and Harvard University. This is about only twenty five min from Coolidge Corner.
All in, I would say Hoilday Inn Brookline is a good, economical hotel to stay in, with easy access to Harvard, everywhere else in Boston and beyond.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Boston Brookline Hotel
- Holiday Inn Boston Brookline Hotel Brookline
- Holiday Inn Brookline
- Brookline Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Millions of Dollars of Renovation..Millions of Reasons to Stay! Holiday Inn Brookline-Boston hotel is located just minutes from downtown Boston amidst the charming brownstones and tree-lined streets of historic Brookline. Our hotel is near Boston University, Boston College, Hynes Convention Center, Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox) and many Boston Hospitals, including Children's Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the Longwood Medical Area.The Holiday Inn Boston Brookline has a beautiful hotel lounge and restaurant with room service located on our first floor serving you in our 6-story atrium under umbrellas and arches central to our indoor heated pool. This 225 room, pet-friendly Boston hotel also offers free Wi-Fi, fitness room, guest laundry and dry cleaning services, bell service, and an on-site parking garage.Planning a Boston wedding reception, event, or corporate meeting? Let the Holiday Inn Brookline-Boston hotel be your event venue. Our hotel has 4 large hotel meeting rooms accommodating 4 to 400 guests. We have a dedicated and friendly staff here to assist you with all of your event planning needs. Discover all Boston has to offer at the Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Boston Brookline reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.