“step back in time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anthony's Town House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
Anthony's Town House
You added Anthony's Town House to your Saves list
1085 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Brookline B&B and Inns
Oliver BC
“step back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Thanks to trip adviser people we chose Anthonys townhouse. What a pleasant surprise. The place is furnished with all the luxuries of yesterday. Beautiful chandeliers, period dressers and tables. Bathrooms are shared but spotless. If you are going to Boston you should stay here. Steps from subway and parking is available. Hate to give away secret places but your hostess is Baba...beautiful lady and very helpful. Wish I had a reason to go back. Nobody believed the pricing but believe. It's a great experience. Thanks again Baba..you made our stay!!!

Room Tip: It is five floors so try to get 1st or 2nd. The basement is also available but didn't see it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous! We arrived in Boston & the central city & nearby areas were booked solid. An enterprising person at the info centre sourced a room for us at Anthonys Town House. We thoroughly enjoyed experiencing a more local Boston neighbourhood while enjoying the convenience to the city along with Anthonys welcoming hospitality. Would definitely reccommend. ps: try the Busy Bee Diner diwn the road.

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My colleague and I were in Boston for a conference, and had an excellent stay. Enjoyed the clean comfortable room and bathrooms. Great wi-fi access, and easy to get to from airport (I took public transport, no problem), and as others have said we were offered a ride into the centre of Boston (there was snow during our stay). I had a late flight home and they allowed me to leave my luggage there all day, until I picked up that evening.
I'd highly recommend, and if I'm in Boston again I'll definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: Room 7 had a double bed and a single, two of us shared. The windows look over the main road. I found...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a great place. Very clean and comfortable, with cable and internet. Not only that, but I was in town for a job fair and Anthony offered to drive me to my destination on more than one occasion. His wife was also an absolute pleasure, offering assistance whenever she could. The hospitality alone makes this place worth it. In a great location, great lodgings, and moreimportantly, great hosts! I would definitely recommend it!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Anthony's Town House is now my place to stay on future trips to the area. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms combined with Barbara and Arthur's friendly hospitality gives this beautiful place five diamonds in by rating book.

Room Tip: The Busy Bee, recommended by Arthur is a great place for breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here a few times over the years. My husband was not a big fan of the shared bathroom concept but I didn't find it to be a problem. We never stayed in the same room more than once just by chance. My favorite was a small room, possibly second floor, facing the street. Barbara was always welcoming and helpful with info on the area. The "T" was right out front and there were many stores and restaurants nearby. When I get the chance to return to Boston I will stay at Anthony's again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband, 2 kids and I enjoyed our stay. The decor is unique, but the place was clean. Our room in the basement was huge. It was wonderful not to trip over everything during our three night stay. We had no issues with the shared bathrooms. The T was literally right outside the door. You could hear it in the morning, but it was not so loud that it woke the kids. We walked to a night game at Fenway and felt completely safe. Lots of restaurants and stores within walking distant to meet your needs. Based on location and price alone, I would return without hesitation. Barbara and Arthur were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anthony's Town House? Share your experiences!