“Friendly and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of On the Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
On the Park
You added On the Park to your Saves list
88 Columbia St., Brookline, MA 02446   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Brookline B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I spent four nights here for the Boston Marathon which commands a high price. Marcos and Betsy are very nice and helpful, breakfast was good, my room was comfortable and the entire house was well cared for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My family is relocating to the Brookline/Boston area, and based the fantastic TripAdvisor reviews booked a stay at On the Park for our house hunting trip. This was our first time in a B&B and we had a great experience, consistent with many of the other reviewers here. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had ample space for a portable crib. We shared a bathroom for the first few nights, but felt like we had it to ourselves. Betsy and Marcos are excellent hosts who went above and beyond by discussing living in Brookline at length, answering any questions we had about moving to the area, and providing a basket of toys to entertain our 10 month old. Breakfast each morning consisted of yogurt, fruit, granola, assorted pastries, quiche and was delicious. I would highly recommend On the Park and would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The cold, snowy winter set in, and we needed a quick getaway. On the Park fit the bill. The B & B
was located in a beautiful residential area in Brookline. We were a short walk to the "T" which made seeing the city very easy.
The best part was the hosts, Betsy and Marcos. Loving and engaging people, we felt quite at home in their home.
Our room was set up perfectly. It was an ideal space with furniture typical of a New England home. Oh...the bed was so comfortable.
In the morning, Marcos was so patient as he helped me with the Keurig machine. ( I am probably the only adult who never used one.)
We are looking forward to returning in the spring and hopefully catch a Red Sox game.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
work
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had tried several times in the past to stay at this Bed and Breakfast without success; I'm glad I kept trying! Spent two nights while visiting famiy in Boston and couldn't have been happier the the B&B. This is a real bed and breakfast; guests are on the second floor and the family is on the third. My room was very comfortable with its own bath next door. The second floor space is very comfortable with a large living room and dining room area where you can relax. The house is right across from a large park in a very nice residential area; I suspect in the summer is it delightful! The hosts were very, very welcoming! It is convenient to public transportation - only a 5-7 minute walk from the T (approximately 20-25 minute ride from downtown). I will definitey look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: I saw both rooms on the second flooro which were very nice; I believe that there may also be a room...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

When cabin fever struck my husband and me as a result of this crazy, snowy, icy winter--we decided to head south to Boston from Maine and found ourselves at the Inn on the Park. Two nights felt like a week of relaxation and exploration. Using the Inn as our home base--we walked to the Museum of Fine Arts and throughout the Coolidge Corner area, where diverse restaurants, shops, and the outstanding Coolidge Corner Cinema provided an elixir to combat winter blahs! Betsy and Marcos advised and guided us on our routes and possibilities, and as for the house itself--it is immaculate, cozy, and exudes a brightness and airiness that raised our spirits. Hard to believe that barely a block off Brookline's marvelous Harvard St. center, we found ourselves in a quiet, residential neighborhood with a park before us and woods behind.
This was the first time we stayed at the Inn, but we're already looking forward to next winter and will extend our stay to take advantage of the location, hospitality, and warmth provided by Marcos and Betsy.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong no matter where you stay!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A terrific B&B - thanks to our hosts Betsy and Marcos. I brought an exercise tape with me and since there was no TV/DVD in the bedroom, Marcos set up my tape in the living room on a laptop. I exercised with a beautiful view of the snow covered park across the street. We weren't in a rush in the mornings and our hosts prepared a lovely brunch for 10:00 a.m. We were visiting my sister who lives about 5-6 blocks away and it was an easy convenient walk. Our room was very cozy and each side of the bed had a good reading lamp. We'll surely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kittery, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

What more can you want in a B&B than to know its clean, its comfortable and you are going to have a wonderful night of sleep. The windows really darken down so I slept like a babe. Can't remember when I slept that long. Maybe because it was also quiet.

Hosts Betsy and Marcos couldn't be nicer. And I love how close it is to shops and public transportation. Thanks guys. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: The far corner room is right next to the bathroom, and off in its own corner, so you feel very priva...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to On the Park? Share your experiences!