“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Down to earth, local pub with a great beer list (heavily Belgian) & great food (including variously prepared mussels). I seem to end up here every time I'm in town.

Visited May 2013

Newton, Massachusetts
“Good food (sometimes)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoy the food at the Publick House: their mac and cheese is delicious, but the quality is hit or miss. The past couple of times we have gone, we've ordered fries as an appetizer and they are cut too short to use the dipping sauces.

They also have a decent selection of beer, but the service can be pretty lacking when the place is busy. We only got a chance to order beer twice over the course of a 2 hour meal, despite actively trying to flag down the waitress.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice and I love it. Good food, good beer, good service: it's a trifecta. Get the Mac 'n Cheese, seriously. It's a little loud, but not overly so. My only complaint, albeit a minor one, is that there is always a wait but that is simply because it is so good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“More fun on a weekday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love the Publick House even though I'm not a beer expert. It's got good food and a dark-wood, high-ceilinged, pubby ambiance, so I don't mind that it's not super cheap. But do yourself a favor and go at like 6 on a Tuesday to skip the wait and the loud bar crowd.
I try to get a new beer every time I go, and the waitstaff is great with recommendations. And the food is great! Get the mac and cheese with jalapenos, or the waterzooi if you like seafood.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beer lover's paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I wish there was a bit more variety on the menu, but the BEER menu makes up for that and more. Publick House has a wonderful selection of bottles and draft, with many special trappist varieties if you are into that style. The atmosphere is very social, with a medieval pub feel and well-planned table and bar placement. The fries are awesome and the staff is very knowledgeable.

Visited January 2013