“good food and menu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“good food and menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The shepherds pie is one of our favorites here. Lamb burger, steak and salads also stand out. All of the food is looks and tastes good. As for price, it is a little steep BUT the portions are very large and you will be taking home a doggie bag unless you are starved. Service can be a bit inattentive but friendly and obliging when it's finally your turn. No trouble about splitting a dish.The deserts are also particularly good, not the old "Kentucky mud pie" cliche. The place is small and can get busy. The atmosphere may be a little dim but the restaurant is very clean and cozy.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“I got free dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I came here once and they asked me if I wanted any dessert. I said no, but they brought some out anyway, free of charge. It was delicious. I felt like a king.

Visited January 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Would have stayed longer but it's way too dark in here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Dropped into Murphys during our holiday in Boston, from the start the lighting is so low it doesn't look open from the street!
We sat at the bar and ordered drinks, fair choice of drinks and we were served by friendly bar man.
However at this point the reality of how dark the place is hits reality and we decided that not been able to see your meal fully wasn't the way we wanted to have dinner. Shame as the food looked really good.....

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“HORRIBLE SERVICE AND FOOD IS NOT WORTH WHAT YOU PAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been to this place numerous times. Two weeks ago I recommended the place to my company to have a company dinner here. Bottom line is, I've brought a lot of business to this place and I was a loyal customer. But after last time I was there I will never go back.

We had one other person coming and the waitress seated us a four top. After a few minutes they sat two other people right next to us (ignoring that the seat was for the third person) and the manager/owner rudely told me to "move my purse" so they could sit the people right next to me at the same table. The "free" oysters on Monday nights are just their excuse to exploit their customers. They will most likely say "oops we're all out" AFTER you've ordered your food (which is not worth the money). We got there well time for the oysters and had been informed that they still had oysters when we got there, but then she informed us they were all out 20 minutes later. At this point I had had enough and told her I was not happy with the service and wanted to leave. The owner herself proceeded to threaten us and say she was going to call the police if we left because we had already ordered food. She threatened and harassed me worse then I have ever been treated by anyone. Do not come here and warn everyone you know not to come here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to meet up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place has several changes but the last was to rework the bar and tables such that its much more a restaurant than an pub. I knew the original chef that created this place's first menu and won the palates of many in the neighborhood. Since then there have been some menu changes and atmosphere changes that keep many of us interested. I can have a salad here and a drink with the girls and be quite happy on a weekday night. The owner is usually there and recognizes her regulars which there are many! This is probably the best restaurant in the brookline village area.

Visited June 2012