“HORRIBLE SERVICE AND FOOD IS NOT WORTH WHAT YOU PAY” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 150 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“HORRIBLE SERVICE AND FOOD IS NOT WORTH WHAT YOU PAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been to this place numerous times. Two weeks ago I recommended the place to my company to have a company dinner here. Bottom line is, I've brought a lot of business to this place and I was a loyal customer. But after last time I was there I will never go back.

We had one other person coming and the waitress seated us a four top. After a few minutes they sat two other people right next to us (ignoring that the seat was for the third person) and the manager/owner rudely told me to "move my purse" so they could sit the people right next to me at the same table. The "free" oysters on Monday nights are just their excuse to exploit their customers. They will most likely say "oops we're all out" AFTER you've ordered your food (which is not worth the money). We got there well time for the oysters and had been informed that they still had oysters when we got there, but then she informed us they were all out 20 minutes later. At this point I had had enough and told her I was not happy with the service and wanted to leave. The owner herself proceeded to threaten us and say she was going to call the police if we left because we had already ordered food. She threatened and harassed me worse then I have ever been treated by anyone. Do not come here and warn everyone you know not to come here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to meet up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place has several changes but the last was to rework the bar and tables such that its much more a restaurant than an pub. I knew the original chef that created this place's first menu and won the palates of many in the neighborhood. Since then there have been some menu changes and atmosphere changes that keep many of us interested. I can have a salad here and a drink with the girls and be quite happy on a weekday night. The owner is usually there and recognizes her regulars which there are many! This is probably the best restaurant in the brookline village area.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York, USA
“Great neighborhood pub and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

A casual feel but high quality pub food. Try their pear salad
and the in house gimlet. Their gigantic bread baskets with more butter than you can eat in a year (well almost)

Visited June 2012
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
“Great for pub food; lunch and/or date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Love this place. The food is great. Not much for beer on tap but I usually stick with whatever hefeweizens they have. John Daly's are a must have! The restaurant itself is small. Since the renovations, there is a bit more seating but it is still cramped, so don't plan on hanging with a large group of friends there. My favorite is sitting at the bar with a date or friend. Very cozy! As other reviewers have said, make sure you bring cash (though there is a Bank of America across the street!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Love everything about this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I don't get to MM too often, and wish I lived closer. I love this place. It feels like I'm in a cozy pub in another country. I love the food, ambiance, and the music they choose to play. It's a real neighborhood pub feel. Intimate and friendly. I had a wonderful duck confit with savory bread pudding and pears. Yum.

• Visited April 2012