“Absolutely Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 172 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Barcelona meets Brookline, and a sophisticated Boston neighborhood has a wine bar to call its own. A historic town located minutes from downtown Boston, Brookline is the perfect mixture of urban and country living. From large estates and recreational parks to boutiques and pedestrian-filled streets, Brookline offers a city atmosphere in a suburban setting. Located in Washington Square at 1700 Beacon Street, Barcelona is the newest addition to this lively neighborhood dining destination.
Boston
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I rarely rave about anything but I am ecstatic that Barcelona opened in Brookline! Not only is there nothing like it in the area, it's also quickly becoming one of my very favorite places in Boston. Brookline seriously lacks places like this though it has a young and professional crowd that obviously craves this type of atmosphere. The vibe is very energetic and fun while also being intimate at the same time, and the food and wine are fantastic. Service is really great from the wait staff to the bartenders. I live only a 10 minute walk away so this has been a regular spot since the opening and I've never been disappointed. One of my favorites was when we had just sat down and the manager walked up and said they just got in a fresh catch of mackerel and if we would like one grilled, a few minutes later they were all snatched up. You just don't see that in many places. I'll keep coming back over and over again.

Park City, Utah
“Great Tapas Restaurant and Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently went to Barcelona Brookline for dinner and drinks with friends on a Tuesday night. We made reservations a week in advance for a party of 6, and we were glad to have had a reservation. The place was packed - which was certainly surprising for a restaurant in the sleepy side of Brookline on a Tuesday night! We had a great table in the back of the restaurant. The bar and the restaurant were a little on the noisy due to the acoustics in the room and the fact that every table was taken, but that didn't bother us at all. The décor is very nice and trendy, and the lighting is perfect. Once inside the restaurant, the décor makes you imagine being at a restaurant in Barcelona and not in Brookline.
Our waiter was very friendly, and the service was great. We ordered several tapas - spinach, meat, cheese, croquettes, calamari, flank steak, etc. Everything was wonderful.
I would definitely go back to this restaurant the next time that I am in town.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“New and fresh! A nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had friends visiting from NYC and thought tapas and some raciones might be in order since my wife and I had spent time in Madrid this past summer and wanted to introduce friends to Spanish food. I headed straight for the other place down the street since we had visited there recently, but it was closed on Sunday evening. Totally embarrased with our very hungry friends in the back seat of the car, I suddenly recalled that there was a new Spanish place nearby so made a U-turn and headed back up Beacon Street in Brookline. Found parking right away and went in without even looking at the restaurant name!

There was a 10 minute wait and a table near the bar opened up. We ordered some drinks and a selection of tapas and other food, some surf and turf, and were pleasantly surprised that everything was fresh and tasty. Some better than what we had at several places in Madrid! The food was not great, but quite good and we would certainly return some time, especially with friends.

I happened to take a look into the central dining area full of people, cheerful noise and good food, lots of paella dishes in there and a small display, untypical of Spain, of hanging jamons and a glass case with Spanish cheeses. When I returned to our table I told my wife that it looked like Barcelona in there. Later I was presented with the check and discovered that the name of the place was Barcelona! It really was a nice place to go with friends to enjoy something new and different in the area. Filling food for the 4 of us and drinks ran about $70.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Tapas in Brookline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is part of a mini chain of Spanish restaurants. Excellent wine list. A bit pricy, but worth it.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Run here immediately”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I visited Barcelona after hearing wonderful things about their first location in CT. We were so impressed by the extensive wine list, including wines from Uruguay! Hooray! The paella, fig appetizer, mixed grill, and crepes salgueros were all divine; I argue better than other spanish tapas places in Boston...go here, run here immediately!