“Delectable Middle Eastern fare, served with an attitude” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 171 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Boston
“Delectable Middle Eastern fare, served with an attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Be sure you like garlic before you eat here. They are heavy on the spices in general, particularly on the long thin pickles that come in every dish and sandwich, and in the hummus, which is delicious but very, very garlicky.

The fallafel is well-seasoned. You get a generous serving of fallafel in the roll-ups and the fallafel dinner plate. The dinner plates are good because they come with rice and a tasty Lebanese salad as well as pita bread and hummus.

The service is not so great here. They almost yell at you about your order, where you should stand while you wait, etc. Last night we got take out and, when we got all the way to our friends' house, discovered that they had left one roll-up out of our order (even though I had paid for it). When I called to inquire, the man yelled at me and asked if I understood just how busy he was. If it weren't so tasty at Shawarma King, the service could make me avoid the place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eaaston, MA
“BLAND COLD FOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I went here three time to try the Shawarma because I LOVE this stuff. I was greatly disappointed all 3 times. The meat is just warn and lacking seasoning/flavor. The sauce is lacking flavor/spice and the sandwich in general is a bit less than average. Didn't get any onions on my sandwich and was never asked whether I wanted any or not.

Try Ararat restaurant in Watertown instead, they make INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS food.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“Average Lebanese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We may be spoiled having had a very large middle eastern population where we come from, but we had pretty bad shawarmas here - the meat was dry and did not even taste like shawarma, prices were high for what we got. despite other reviews, i would not come back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My Shawarma was so incredibly messy but so good! I can't believe I've been passing this place for years without going...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

My Shawarma was so incredibly messy but so good! I can't believe I've been passing this place for years without going in!

The people are super nice and they even have benches outside. I'll definitely be getting from here again. I also love that it's open on Saturdays, because Rami's in Coolidge Corner isn't, and that tends to be when we crave falafel!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“chicken shawarma with garlic sauce...amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

chicken shawarma with garlic sauce...amazing!!