“Wonderful dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Morra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 150 Restaurants in Brookline
Transit: Brookline Village/Greenline
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just had dinner yesterday....great food...interesting dishes remeniscent of dishes my Nonni prepared.....

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Eight of us were at dinner last night, and we're delighted to find that for restaurant week La Morra included their whole menu and a very reasonably priced wine tasting.

I started with the corn and tomato salad, very yummy, The white wine accompaniment was very nice, dry and crisp as I prefer. Next course was the corn agnolotti, the standout of the e ending for me. Very flavorful! Ithe foraged mushrooms added nothing to the dish in fact were a negative mostly, but the rest great! I asked for a spoon to finish the broth.

The hangar steak with potatoes and mushrooms was good, cooked as requested. Great mushrooms. The potatoes were....potatoes.

Finally I ended with watermelon sorbet served with biscotti. A disappointing end to the meal, the sorbet just didn't work.

Service was good. I like ice in my water, our server cheerfully made sure my glass was kept filled with ice. She was knowledgable, polite, and attentive.

Overall while this was fine, we have had so many outstanding meals at similar price ranges in Boston that I wouldn't go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a great find. It's kind of small, tucked away on a fairly nondescript section of Boylston Street. But it got great ratings online, so we decided to give it a try. We loved it. The menu is inventive, the food is farm-fresh ("locally foraged mushrooms"), and the service was impeccable - easily as good as or better than we've had at Boston's top restaurants. The main dining room is upstairs, with a few extra tables downstairs in the bar area. We ate here two evenings - once downstairs, once upstairs. Frankly, we found the upstairs dining room to be a little bit noisier than the ground floor.

Visited August 2012
New Smyrna Beach, FL
“Exceptional Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Friends from Brookline took us here for dinner this evening. Our second floor seats by the window were perfect for watching the deluge outside and the gathering crowd inside. For starters, homemade bread and ricotta spread were generously offered by our server. One of us ordered the fixed price dinner that included salad, first and second plates and dessert. Outstanding. My veal was cooked and spiced well and the creamy firm polenta and caponata accompanying the entree did not disappoint. Service was attentive and not rushed but we did dine early. Thanks Jeff and Joe for bringing us here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Sunday evening delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had been to La Morra a few years ago on a busy Friday evening. What I remember about that night was a lot of activity, noisy and a good meal. This time we arrived early on a Sunday evening and the experience was delightful. We had a leisure meal; quieter restaurant to chat and the food was amazing.

My friend chose the fixed price menu and had a nice assortment of fresh greens, pasta, blue fish and dessert. I selected different specials - stuffed squash blossoms, salmon, salad with local greens and vegetables, and roasted corn side dish. Everything was delicious. All the local vegetables were wonderful.

The sorbet assortment with fresh fruit was refreshing.

The staff was welcoming and attentive.

I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2012