“Great lunches” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fireplace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 150 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: The Green Line - C train stop at Washington Square is directly across the street from The Fireplace.
Boston
“Great lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant for business lunches. They have a great gluten free menu. Big south facing windows make it very cozy for a winter afternoon. DInners are especially good for larger groups and families.

Visited May 2013

Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice to have in the neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Though our place in Brookline is not far from this restaurant, we only just discovered it. Reason for that: it is further out from Boston, so we hadn't explored that direction yet. Happy to have found it. Nice place with good menu, not noisy even when crowded. We went for a Saturday brunch, so we don't know the dinner menu yet. I made the mistake to order a salad, which was boring. That just confirmed why I rarely order salads, and I don't blame the place for it. The others ordered normal brunch egg dishes, and all were quite good. I also liked the wine list.

Visited June 2013
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“I just love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I find this restaurant to be a "go to" each and every time I am in the Boston area. The menu is delicious, the service is great and the atmosphere is charming. They also have a wonderful wine list as well as yummy local craft beers. I know I will be back in June when I am in Boston again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was the first restaurant our family visited in Boston and the last in a six month sojourn. The staff are very welcoming and not flustered that we had no reservation. The menu was broad and tasty and the kids had their own menu. In winter the fireplace added warmth and welcome and in the warmer months the restaurant spilled onto the street.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Malden, Massachusetts
“American Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We always sit at the bar and eat. The shrimp cocktail is superb. They have an extensive wine list. The food is very good. We have never had a bad meal. The bartenders and waitstaff are friendly and extremely knowledgable. The dress is casual. Great place to go for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013