“Perfect place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Boston Brookline

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Boston Brookline to your Saves list
Courtyard Boston Brookline
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Webster Street, Coolidge Corner, Brookline, MA 02446   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brookline
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Perfect place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here from 7/3-7/9 and it’s perfectly placed right in the middle of everything. The T line takes you anywhere you need to go practically. If you are going to Fenway it takes u there, if u r going to the wharf it takes u there. So much to do so little time. If you are driving or plan to drive in would advise NOT to do so. Having a car will cost you an arm and a leg. The hotel provides parking for $30 a night and if u plan on driving to the wharf or Fenway or anywhere else be PREPARED to pay A LOT of money for parking. I drove up from NY and had no choice to pay for the hotel parking. My mistake was taking it out one day to go to the aquarium and having to pay $40 for parking. There’s NO parking anywhere. So save yourself some money and use the T train. Now on to the review of the hotel. I checked in and Scott got us up to our room right away after a 6hr drive from NY. Scott throughout my whole stay was great. He helped me with everything imaginable. Where to eat, how to get to destinations u name it he was there with suggestions or advice. Marriott needs to lock him down and do what they can to hold on to him as he is a HUGE asset to the company. I told him when I DO come back I would like to see him as "manager". There’s nothing better for a hotel than to have someone that helpful, friendly and always smiling. Now the room is nice and spacious as is the bathroom. Bed was fine and so were the pillows. Only problem I had for a couple of nights was the room has a door that leads to next room. Why is that a problem? Well the crying baby at 2am and the baby up and at it at 6:30am is why. You can hear everything going on in the next room. I called to ask to be moved and the thought of me having to repack everything and move wasn't going to be fun so I asked how long the couple was staying and I was told they would be checking out next day so I just dealt with it for one more night. So I at least was going to be moved which was great on concierge's part. Now the breakfast at the "Bistro" (not really a Bistro or restaurant) was VERY good! Mei was very pleasant and always smiling. Wish I knew the Spanish girls name as she needs to smile more because a smile goes a long way. Lunch/dinner the food wasn't as great as the breakfast. So I would probably go to one of the restaurants in the area for that. Pool is not very big and filled with kids. So would I come back? You better believe it. Oh and the cookies and water during the day is a nice touch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I/we appreciate your review and I am glad to learn that Scott went out of his way to ensue your comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel on your next visit to Boston!

Many Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Fantastic stay at Courtyard Marriott in Brookline, Mass! We wanted to stay near the T line to have easy access to Boston attractions - we couldn't have picked a better location-less expensive than staying in downtown Boston and extremely accessible to everything we wanted to do in Boston. Rooms were clean, staff was INCREDIBLE, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We were traveling with a four month old baby boy so it was helpful to have a washer and dryer in this hotel. Quaint little bistro with great service, 24 hour market with snacks, drinks and necessities and Wi-fi in the rooms as well as the lobby. Good restaurants in the area and a CVS and Walgreens across the street. Would definitely stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I/we appreciate a PERFECT 5!

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I could not have asked for anything more than a super welcome, super clean property, in a great location with super attentive management. Great restaurants in walking distance too!

A+ Courtyard Boston Brookline

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I/we appreciate an A+ from you.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed in August 2013 for a weekend. Nice property in an ideal location. Staff was aloof, though helpful when checking in. On a very rainy Friday, the hotel had the audacity to charge $15 for a small basic umbrella. Overall, rooms were clean and comfortable. But be prepared to spend a bundle here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and that my staff was able to take care of your needs during your visit.
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We just stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Brookline for 2 nights while we were in Boston for our daughter's college orientation. The room was very clean and spacious, and the housekeeping staff are very pleasant. The front desk staff (especially, Jamal) are very helpful and caring. He gave us great recommendations for local restaurants and excellent directions how to get to them. There is a lot to do within a short walking distance - great restaurants, sports bars, shopping and even a movie theater. The hotel is in a great location, and easy to get to. The parking garage underneath the hotel was also very convenient, and a big plus to having in and out access to our vehicle at any time. The bistro downstairs was perfect for a quick breakfast. We are in Boston several times a year for Red Sox games, and now with our daughter being in college there in the fall - this will be our home away from home. We travel frequently throughout the year, and I have never written a review for a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard Boston Brookline, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott Brookline. I am thrilled that you have found a new home away from home for your upcoming visits to your daughter and Red Sox games.

I will share your kind words about Jamal and the Front Desk team being so helpful recommending places in the local area and giving great directions so that you found it with ease.

We look forward to having you here again!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at this wonderfully located hotel for 2 nights. Upon leaving, we accidentally left behind a bag containing dirty clothes, medications, and cosmetics. Upon reaching our next destination, I called to ask if the bag had been found. The doorman had located it and the front desk said they would hold it for us. Five days later, we returned through Boston and dropped by to pick up the bag. The hotel staff was very gracious about the whole incident. I would LOVE to stay at this hotel again sometime soon!

Room Tip: Even though we were on the side facing the trains, we never heard them inside. The windows do open...
Green Features: Very green! Towel and sheet reuse on request. Bath products environmentally-friendly. Operable windows for climate control if desired.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and that my staff was able to set aside your lost belongings for safe keeping until you returned. We are always happy to store your bags for you while you enjoy the Boston area.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel on your next trip to Brookline!

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is my first trip advisor review. I am an avid Marriott customer. I travel quite a bit for my job and and I can honestly say this one of the most unfortunate Marriott experiences I have ever had. If you actually need to work in the evening while staying here...please stay somewhere else. For example, It is midnight right now and I cannot sleep because my neighbor has been wildly vomitting for the past 2 hours. WILDLY. It's disgusting. The walls are so thin in this property that he may as well be vomitting on the floor of my room. Additionally, the first two evenings I was here he played techno music extremely loud for hours on end...which hey, everyone loves a little techno but come on dude...it's a Monday night. People are WORKING Trying to WORK HERE! The funny thing is, This guy isn't a college student..he's like 50 years old! The one thing I will say is the hotel management has made attempts to address the issue...someone else must have called as well. They came up and listened to the techno music, called his room...He turned it off. Finallly. And the vomitting....I at least heard someone knock on his door to ask him if he was ok. Obviously, they cannot tell him to stop vomitting if he is ill...nor can they make the walls more sound proof. On a last note to staff....while I was told, I had a nice quite room over looking the courtyard...it's obvious that I am on the busiest floor of the hotel. 90% of all elevator riders are getting off on floor 2 as well... In short, if you need quite and privacy, don't stay here, the walls are too thin. I wouldn't even attempt to host a conference call or webex in my room here. Also, to the staff, I realize you cannot help that your walls are thin and that you are attracting interesting guests (to say the least)...my advise is to be respectful of your business travelors and elite card members and possibly create a separate floor to address their needs.

Room Tip: Walls are extremely thin.
Green Features: It was good. They had two trashcans...so if that's what they want to run with....then go for it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Boston Brookline. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory because of the guest next door to you and we appreciate your feedback. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Many Thanks,

Been to Courtyard Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!