“A local favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“A local favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've been living in Brookline for a couple of years now, and I would have to say that this place is one of my favorites in the area. I stumbled in Oct 2012, and since then, have brought in a few of my friends, who all love The Abbey now too. Not only are the drinks great (a wonderful cocktail list too), but the food is pretty amazing. The best dish though? The truffle fries. $5 for a plate of heaven. There's a decent amount of them too. Can be easily shared with 2 people, though you might want to get one for yourself since they're so good. I've also had their flatbread pizza, and cod fritters. I have many favorite items off the menu here. And one of the great things about The Abbey is that the kitchen is open until late :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent, this is my favorite local dessert spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I live down the street from Athan's and this is my go-to dessert place any time I go out to dinner in Washington Square. It's also a great place to go for a warm coffee or espresso drink. On my first few visits, I tried gelato and the single serve size desserts in the case. On my most recent few visits, I have tried various cookies and baklava; the baklava is out of this world and I will probably never go back to the other desserts. The workers are extremely helpful in explaining the flavors in the cookies and desserts and recommending their favorite desserts.

Visited January 2014
Brookline, MA
“Abbey Reataurant Washington Sq, Brookline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a great neighborhood restaurant! I learned to make the shaved brussell sprouts from the owner/chef, but order it every time I eat there.

Visited January 2014
Paris, France
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very nice place to go and have a nice diner. Service and food are great. On Beacon Street. We had the burger and Mussels. Excellent

Visited October 2013
Brookline, mAssachusetts, USA
“Best nightcap around in the Boston area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When it comes to bar food most of is think greasy and limited healthy options. Not the case here at the Abby. Not only is the cocktail selection wonderful, wine list very decent, the food is out of the world! Healthy tasty not the typical bar food food!!! Another the big plus the Abbey kitchen is open till very late I think almost a 1 o'clock.

Visited October 2013