“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Bed and Breakfast

Hilltop Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
Hilltop Bed and Breakfast
You added Hilltop Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Rawson Road at Garrison Road, Brookline, MA 02445   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Brookline B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Meg was helpful and went the extra mile in several ways when we stayed. We rented the twin room. There was another short time renter who shared the bathroom with us and this ended up working just fine. Never saw the other renter. The two issues I had with this rental is that the cable kept cutting in and out in our room (also TV could be larger). We did not mention to Meg, but she saw it happening when watching a bit of tv with us, so she must be aware. The second issue is that the B&B is further from the city center than you may think, because we did not realize the green line is very slow, and stops every 400-800m, and the train is not terribly frequent (sometimes 10 min wait), so it can take 45 min to get to city center. The upside is you will get a seat inbound.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was in Boston to see my son at school and this location was wonderful. Right on the green line, and very convenient to downtown and schools. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast very good. Meg was so interesting and inviting; it was so fun talking with her

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week recently. Meg was a very helpful and friendly host. We stayed in one of the rooms that shared a bathroom but It was not much of an issue. Since we used the public transport, the place being close to the T helped us a lot.

Would certain stay here if we are in Boston again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

First trip to Boston. Nervous to be doing it with just my daughter. All the nerves went away when I walked from the T(Boston's train) a few blocks to our B&B. The neighborhood is absolutely beautiful. In no time we reached the B&B and met the owner. She was very engaging to my excited 11 year old. We stayed in the twin room sharing the bathroom. I'm a germaphobe, but the bathroom was spotless. Soon we settled in and it felt like we brought our home in our bag. Breakfast was delicious. Owner helped us figure out all the places to check out. Nothing beats watching my daughter enjoy her stay in such a cozy place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

A friend and I stayed four days in the "twin beds" room, which shares a bath with a resident boarder. I'll confirm all of the good reviews below and add that we had an excellent breakfast every morning, starting with cut fruit and juice and continuing with hot toasts and sweet breads (of different types each morning). Milk and cereal were also available, as was coffee. Our hostess sat with us as we had breakfast and gave great advice about getting to and from places. We were in a nice, safe neighborhood. Get a one-week "T" pass for $15 and you're all set.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Köln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Beautiful, quiet and yet so close to the center is the street in which Meg's house stands. The rooms are cosy and clean. I felt myself totally at home during my three-month stay in Boston. Maybe the best part of the whole story is the landlady Meg herself - helpful, efficient, yet unobtrusive. If I ever come back to Boston, and I hope that I will, I will be staying at Meg's place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

What a nice welcome feeling after trying another bed and breakfast in the area. Nice neighborhood, comfortable beds and what I want in a bed and breakfast , nice homey welcome feeling. Breakfast good. Place very clean

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilltop Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!