“terrible service and only average food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“terrible service and only average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

the title says it all: I decided to go to Jerusalem Pita with a friend of mine. We ordered 2 falafel sandwiches and an order of fries. The falafel were really average - i had much better falafel in another place nearby in Coolidge corner (let alone the falafel i tried while visiting israel few years ago - absolutely non comparable !!). But what was unacceptable was the service: slow and rude. We were literally asked to leave our table as soon as we had the last bite of our falafel to make space for other customer. I understand the place is small and could get busy, but we were still chewing our last bite when the waitress asked us to go !! unacceptable.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Very greasy, yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We got take out from this place and the bags were soaking wet with grease. I felt sick after eating it and had burning in my throat all night from the oil and spice. Quality and taste of food stinks. Yuck, eewwwwwww. Never go there. I'd certainly never go again.

• Visited August 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Big pieces, medium quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Big pieces of sushi compared to places such as Fagakyu, but the quality here is just average. It is tiny hole-in-the-way place, with barely any parking, and I want to like it, but I would only go if I was walking by it and saw empty seats. I'd never ever drive to get there, because for the same effort I would choose 4-5 other sushi restaurants in Brookline and beyond. It was clean and the person working there was very nice.

• Visited October 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Best Pure Sushi/Sashimi in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

This is the best sushi/sashimi in Boston for pure fish, but you need to know what to get. Also, the slices/portions are HUGE. They say they buy a cut above Fugakku, etc.

It is not necessarily the best for the more exotic rolls/dishes.

My favorite is the Best Sashimi Sampler for $22, which includes 3 extra large pieces of tuna, yellowtail, and salmon (Pacific).

The spicy edamame is also awesome (free with delivery, which only costs $2 and is generally very quick). Prices are very appropriate.

Located right behind Fugaku, but don't expect much atmosphere....this is a tiny place, maybe 10 tables...but much better food than Fugaku.

Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“A better alternative to Rami's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

I'm sure my title may incite some violent reactions, as some people are quite protective of Rami's (the other Kosher, Mediterranean restaurant in Coolidge Corner, for the uninitiated -- yes, Coolidge Corner can support two restaurants in this narrow genre). I was never much of a fan, due to Rami's short menu, complete lack of ambience, etc. Jerusalem Pita, on the other hand, is a full-service restaurant, with many great Israeli dishes on offer. I have liked everything I've tried there. If you have a felafel or schwarma itch, there are few places to scratch it this side of the Atlantic -- Jerusalem Pita is one of them!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere