“Biscuits bombshell” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Vancouver, Washington
“Biscuits bombshell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've been to Biscuits before, and it's been "ok", or "not bad" at best. However, our last visit to the Buiscuits in Salmon Creek Washington, will most definately be our last! We waited about 10 minutes before being served water, and another hour before getting our food. We saw people come in after us, be seated, order and eat before we had a chance to eat ourselves. When our food finally arrived, it was wrong. The waitress tried to make up for it by saying that she wouldn't charge me for the side of toast she finally brought, and rightly so, as it was part of the breakfast meal I had ordered, "egg and toast". The manager did bring the ticket price down, however, we were definately left with a bad taste in our mouths! We have written off Biscuits, for good!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

British Columbia
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrived around 12:30 with friends for Sunday brunch. There was maybe a 15 minute wait for a table. There was a good mix of clientele – adults, young families and seniors.

The restaurant chain is similar to Denny’s in terms of menu choices – breakfast items, sandwiches, hamburgers etc. See website.

My spouse ordered the cranberry turkey sandwich on sourdough with French fries for $8.49.

I had the “The Country” - 4 egg omelette with bacon, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions & potatoes, topped with a savory sausage gravy. You have a choice of hash browns or red potatoes and your choice of biscuits, toast or pancakes for $9.99. I had mine with the diced red potatoes and 2 biscuits with home made jam.
The omelette and biscuits were good but in my opinion nothing special.

I could have probably split my omelette with my spouse. However, there is a $2.50 charge for split plates.

My spouse only finished ½ of her sandwich. I was full after about ½ of the meal but against better judgement I gorged myself on the remainder of the meal.

Portions sizes were fairly large and there were quite a few people (especially seniors) with take-out containers.

The service was adequate.

Good food with large portions and adequate service.
I would rate the food and experience a solid 3 out of 5.

Tips
They even have a reward program. One dollar spent equals 1 point and after 200 points you get a $10 reward.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
compass_77_USA
“Great Food and Service at the Salmon Creek Vancouver Biscuits Cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I cannot speak to the restaurant address listed above for Biscuits Cafe but I stopped in at the Salmon Creek location in Vancouver, WA and enjoyed great food and service at a reasonable price. I recommend you give it a try. The food is fresh, hot and tastes fabulous!

I've been to two different Biscuits Cafe locations and have never had a bad experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good sweet potato pancake!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Met a friend here to catch up and expected a good visit. I asked to be seated at back part of a relatively large, wide space for that purpose. Even mentioned we were going to talk. Were seated at an against-the-wall bench, chair across the table. Fine.

Ordered the make-your-own breakfast. I had the sweet potato pancake, 2 eggs and 2 bacon for $7.49. Breakfast was pretty good, especially sweet potato pancake! I ordered coffee at $2.49! And the little mug barely held 8 oz., I think less. No one came to ask to refill til different server came to refill table next to us which was 12'' away and I asked her for more! So I had 2 very small cups for $2.49! My friend ordered a glass of milk which was $2.69! More than a gallon costs!

And, yes, a party of 4 was seated 12'' next to us and they must have been regulars cuz a man kept yelling over his shoulder to the server, now seated and eating. I actually had to raise my voice to be heard but they paid no attention. There were seats available a couple tables down but don't think we trumped the yelling regular. Oh well, we still had a great visit and catch-up. Upon checking out was asked if wanted to join their ''club'' as is a chain. I said ''Oh sure''. She said points that day were entered but upon receiving email, no points. When friend comes into town and wants to go there, I will, but otherwise ''no'' because of the customer service and unfriendly coffee/milk pricing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“excellent food excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a fabulous breakfast restuarant! The food was Excellent and was a great value for the money! I will absolutely be going back! The restuarant was clean, the service was top notch, and the coffee is the BEST!

• Visited October 2012