“Comfortable room, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable room, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a comfortable stop between Seattle and the Oregon Coast. Comfortable accommodations, good breakfast, clean. What impressed me most was the phone call I received within an hour after we checked out. The hotel manager called to tell me that they had found my calendar with important correspondence, including directions to the Oregon Coast. We didn't have time to turn around to go back but he offered to mail everything to me and when I said that I really needed the directions, he scanned/emailed to me 5 minutes after our call ended. The calendar arrived a couple of days later and I was so grateful. After my computer crashed years ago, I continued with 2-year calendars that I carry with me when I travel. My entire life is in it. I am very grateful for this kind of followup and concern. We'll make a point to stay there from now on when traveling in the Pacific NW. Thank you SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oxfordshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Convenient location following evening arrival at Portland Airport – easy and quick to get to. Pleasant room and friendly staff. Only problem is limited local eating for those wanting a meal. Fred Meyer convenient to pick up supplies.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stay here regularly because it is across the street from the office I visit. While it's not a fancy property, everyone is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are big. The included breakfast is simple but also convenient to grab before heading to the office.

My only complaint is that they are typically quite full and I end up with an accessible room on the first floor. The shower is configured such that there is no lip/edge to the shower (and no tub), which results in water all over the bathroom floor. If you don't need the accessibility, request a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Vancouver Columbia Tech Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. We love our repeat guests! I understand your situation with the accessible rooms. Our front desk has a rolodex with all special requests for our returning guests. The next time you visit our hotel, please tell us all of our requests including floor preference, pillow preference, even your favorite candy bar or drink. You never know when we will suprise you. Thank you again for staying with us.
Lynden, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked this on Priceline, and were a little concerned because it was such a good deal. We had a spacious suite that appeared to be brand new. Desk staff was very warm and helpful. Breakfast was provided, and it was nothing like your typical motel continental breakfast. There were trays of fresh fruits, and real oatmeal with a wide selection of toppings. Only complaint would be the coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Vancouver Columbia Tech Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our Great Place to Stay. We hope you had a wonderful mini getaway and you were able to explore the beautiful SW Washington/Vancouver area. Coffee is so important here in the Northwest and we are working on changes to our coffee selection soon. Hopefully you an experience some new and improved java on your next trip. Have a wonderful summer.
Creswell, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

SpringHill Suites accepted our very low Priceline bid for a holiday weekend getaway, and proceeded to give us the perfect home base for our little adventure. Like other reviewers, I have nothing but good to say about the facility, staff and location. Although very often a Priceline booking will result in a broom closet behind a dumpster, the desk staff gave us our choice of floors and cheerfully provided us with a feather-free room. We even had a bit of a view of Mt. St. Helens when the clouds lifted. The room was spacious and comfortable, the common areas clean and welcoming and the breakfast better than average. The location turned out to be excellent. I had some very nice walks through the business park - complete with water features and gaudy rhododendron plantings, and there is a movie theater and several restaurants in walking distance. It was an easy drive to downtown and to the Columbia Gorge. I highly recommend SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

i've stayed at this hotel on two occasions in the last two years, but this trip was special for me and hence my review!!
i had a very special situation during this trip! i had just undergone surgery and my hand was in a cast severely limiting my hand movements. so particularly concerned i called the hotel before i boarded the flight to make sure they had my request for a special assisted room, and they not only had the special room request they also had special arrangements for plastic bags to wrap my hand while i showered so that my cast would not get wet. related to my injury the service staff was extremely friendly and helpful at my every request. i personally was very happy that they made my trip warm and comfortable despite the discomfort of my cast.
to complete the rest of my review:
Rooms and beds are very comfortable, this is from both my stays out here.
Location is great for me, because its a hop skip and jump from my office. Also pretty close to many restaurants/fast food/bowling alley and shopping so works out just fine if you need a snack late into the night. my favourite is Chipotle's at a five min walk from
Breakfast: working breakfast that works fine for me.

the only inconvenience was taking a shuttle from PDX airport to here... the spring hill suites runs free shuttle to drop you off, but they don't have permission to pick up hotel guests from the airport.. the discrimination part that made me uncomfortable was that the Portland Spring hill suites does have permission to pick and drop hotel guests from the PDX airport, while the Vancouver Spring hill suites can only drop and are not allowed to pick up from the PDX airport.. i find this extremely discriminatory.. this is not the springhill suites fault, but a rule of the PDX airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Vancouver Columbia Tech Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for acknowledging our caring staff and I hope your hand is feeling better. I also love our area and the ability to walk to a cup of coffee or lunch, especially on a beautiful Northwest sunny day. I will keep working with the Portland International Airport and hopefully we will be able to pick you up at the airport soon. Sincerely Alison Hite
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We moved family to Vancouver and this Hotel was recommended - deservedly so. The only reason I'm not rating it higher is because it is a bit pricey and because the fan/AC unit is WAY too noisy. That said the rooms, beds, TV and "suite" size are excellent - the breakfast area has lots of seating and a good selection of food (skip the coffee). Staff are friendly and the place is very clean ... location, location, location - it is off the beaten path of the Fisher's Landing. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Families w/kids will really like the pool area ...