“Best Pizza in a LONG time” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 513 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Austin, Texas
“Best Pizza in a LONG time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The family hit the restaurant just before closing. Glad we got in on time. The cheese sticks were amazing. We have enjoyed cheese sticks from Valentino's (San Marcos, TX) for decades now. I have to admit, these were better. The build-your-own pizzas were a hit, as well. Everything is fresh and the crust is light, crunch and chewy, with a hint of sweet. We had 5 pieces of pizza left the next day - a few chicken alfredo and a few pepperoni, pineapple, jalapeno. Not everyone is a cold pizza fan, but as we rushed to the airport, we all started taking bites. All of them were amazing. There wasn't enough to satiate everyone. This place is top notch and worth every penny. Great job!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pie in the eye”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was excited to find alternative cheese pizza options. There might have been a sprinkling of that, and something I asked them to take off and none of the chicken I paid to add (until I ? the server). A half-hearted offer to change the order, and then chicken so late I ended up eating it separately. The bill certainly reflected the pride they take in their pizza. This one just left me with a "shiner" :(

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gresham, Oregon
“Great pizza at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The actual restaurant is a bit of a hole in the wall, so it's not easy to notice near downtown Vancouver. But once you get in you'll find an amazing menu with loads of different pizza choices. The even make pizzas in quarters or thirds so you can try as many of their combinations as you want. The only kicker is the cost. It's really spendy for pizza. You can easily spend $50 for a single large pizza, a salad, and a few cokes. So not a place you can go often, but absolutely worth trying for the experience and the variety they have on the menu.

Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good but not knocking it out of the ballpark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's Saturday Night live in Vancouver, WA and the upper downtown area is quiet. Part of the economy means restaurants are struggling everywhere. To cut expenses, the owner is working and one other gentleman who is literally running betweent the tables and the kitchen. There are perhaps 20 customers.

Because he is moving at blazing speed, he is just a bit abrupt with his ordering procedure, letting you know without saying so, that he is in a hurry here and your prompt ordering will be appreciated. The kitchen is run by two other individuals and they are also running on medium speed so the first of our order arrives in about 10 minutes or so. Salads.

The large dinner size salads are very large, averaging about $6, and fill a 6 inch deep dish. The salad was very good in all respects. I had the walnuts withheld and they arrived in a small separate plastic container.

We ordered a small pepperoni piza. I have been on a diet for several weeks, and this was to be my "splurge" for having dropped a few pounds. The pizza arrived hot, looked very good. I am critical of the small sizes of pizza's because they are often burned on the edges for some reason, and this one had a perfect crust at the edges.

That's where the quality stopped. The first bite pulled all the cheese off the top, leaving me with too much hanging out of my mouth and what appeared to be a pie crust in my hand. Wondering what in the H*94$# I saw that the "pepperoni" was actually a layer of meat. Instead of the small individual round pieces you would normally expect, on top of the pizza, VP lays down a sheet of meat. To complete the mess the pizza sauce was with too liberally applied, or for other reasons did not cook sufficiently to bind with the sheet of meat. Several paper towels later from the handy table dispenser, I was cleaned up and done. Essentially you have to eat your pizza with a fork to keep from embarassing yourself.

The blackberry lemonade was very good, even though when it is served, the blackberry compote is floating on the top of the lemonade and when you stir it in, it sort of resembles a blood clot promoting a lot of table talk about it.

VP still has a ways to go to beat Pizza Hut.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“Best pizza I've had in the Vancouver area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Like the title says I really enjoyed this pizza restaurant. The pizza we had was delicious and was cooked perfectly. They even have some local beers on tap that are brewed in the Vancouver area. I tried 360 Pizzeria a few years ago and was completely turned off of the local pizza scene, but I am glad I decided to try another pizza restaurant. I cannot wait to go back to Vancouver Pizza Co for round two!

• Visited April 2013