“One of the best Mexican restaurants we have eaten in!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Surrey, BC
“One of the best Mexican restaurants we have eaten in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were in the area for my sons soccer tournament. Parents had a free night to go where they please. We were looking for a Mexican restaurant in particular and a specific one at that. We drove by this place and decided to go here out of convenience. The staff are excellent. This is certainly a breath of fresh air since many restaurant staff we deal with have no manners, or service etiquette. Their staff here are amazing and attentive to your every need. Amazing!!!! We are in restaurants all the time and very seldom encounter service like this. The prices are incredibly well priced too. The food is fantastic and decent size portions. It has a fairly lively atmosphere in the bar section and a little quieter in the regular section. They even have live music. What more could you ask for. There is no way you could be disappointed here. IF YOU FIND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL PLEASE TAKE A SECOND AND INDICATE SO. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

VANCOUVER
“Crave-able!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect much from the food the first time we went here, I was really in it for the margaritas. But to my surprise, the food was just as good as the drinks! Now, this is an unstoppable craving for both dinner and drinks. Definitely check it out if you're craving some fiesta time!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Washington
“A very pleasant surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

To be clear, I didn't go to the restaurant expecting a bad meal, however I simply didn't expect it to be as good as it was!!! I went with my partner and a friend and our meals were simply fantastic. I couldn't believe the amount of food, GOOD FOOD, that was on my plate. The server was fantastic and very knowledgable about their offerings. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious. I didn't have a margarita, or any other alcohol, so I was/am completely lucid with my praise of this establishment's food. Note: I'd be willing to bet that those folks who've said negative things are the type of people who enjoy being jerks.

My dining mates also stated that the margaritas were "over the top" good. I think this restaurant is defintely worth visiting. No, Jorge's is not a 5 star restaurant and probably won't win a James Beard award, but it's damned good food and a fun atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Biggest margarita I've ever seen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Margarita made from scratch was great. Service was very friendly. Chips/salsa and food were good. I've been to many Mexican restaurants and this one was very good and the staff was nice and attentive. I would definitely come back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, WA
“Do not let the name fool you - the FOOD is AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

While driving past what used to be one of the better local Mexican restaurants (closed a few years ago), we noticed that a new (for us) restaurant was now open in the same location so we stopped to try it out. When we parked and took a look, we saw the name of the establishment - Jorge's Margarita Factory - and we almost drove away as we do not consume alcohol. After taking a closer look, we noticed that the name actually expanded to include "and Family Restaurant" so we decided to give the place a chance, just in case.

Well - that was one of our better decisions as the food was absolutely fantastic. Having been eating authentic Sonoran style Mexican food since I grew up in Tuscon, I am always on the lookout for really good Mexican food up here in the Northwest but rarely do I find anything that pleases my pallet.

I typically go straight to the Chile Colorado burrito to "test" the quality, flavor, spiciness, and portion size of a new restaurant to see if it passes my go/no-go criteria and that is exactly what I did at Jorge's Margarita Factory. Hands-down it was the very best Chile Colorado (beef) burrito that I have ever had outside of Mexico. Thank you Jorge's for bringing such authentic Mexican food to our community!!! We will be back again this week.

• Visited May 2013