“Gen. Mgr. Overcharges you're CC & blames it on You!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9420 Northeast Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA 98662-6172   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Hood River, Oregon
“Gen. Mgr. Overcharges you're CC & blames it on You!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This first wknd of Nov. 2013 My Daughter & I Stayed here (part of a larger group) and pd by CC ...APARENTLY 4+ TIMES. THEY HELD UP $600.00 ON MY cc AND CAUSED ME & MY DAUGTER MUCH STRESS. Alex Fullerton, the gen. mgr. HAS REFUSED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT ... AS I DIDN'T KNOW HOW I WAS GOING TO GET HOME & FULLFILL MY PROMIS TO MY DAUGHTER - TAKE HER ICE SKATING ... AS THEY HAD ALL MY MONEY TIED-UP (Luckly the event we were attending allowed me to wright a cheque for cash so we could get home - Again Alex was just oh good). THEN Alex just told the girls to tell me oh it will DROP-OFF TOMORROW (SAT.), THEN AGAIN ON SUN., AND YET AGAIN ON MON. IT WASN'T UNTILL I CONTACTED MY BANK AND THEY CALLED HIM (Mind you he should have been doing the work and fixing his error) THAT IT WAS FIXED (MOSTLY). I BELIEVE THAT HE SHOULD COMP US FOR THE ROOM FOR THIS VERY EXTREME & UNDUE STRESS HE CAUSED US; BUT NO ALL HE DID, AND HE BELIEVES IT WAS ENOUGH, IS GIVE ME $20.00 CASH AND 6500 POINTS (which do not come out of his pocket at all - its ''free money'' to him). I filed a complaint w/him (as that is there policy) about him and he said he would go to the owners ..... Yeah just like a murder would arrest himself & place himeself in jail for life. The said it was a computer glitch (lot of those going around lately). The girls were Great & did there best; However Alex REFUSED TO COME IN ON SAT, & ON SUN. TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. When I accused him of staying home and haveing a beer, etc he tried to make it my fault and do I think he would do that when 'his' customers are having issues? ... WELL DID HE COME AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT ON THE WEEKEND ... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (HELL HE DIDN'T EVEN FIX THINGS ON THE WEEKDAY -Untill My Bank called him)!!! Oh he did allow one of the girls to give us a free pizza cause I didn't have the money to take My Daughter to dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alex F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your visit. I assure you that it was not intentional and out of our control, especially on a weekend. As far as refusal to make anything right, I must disagree. We did our best to help you with what we could. Yes, we fed you pizza. We gave you $20 for some gas/food. (adequate as you live 60 minutes away) and we gave you 6500 reward points (a $650 Value) I do apologize if you felt that accusing me of having a beer would offend me as I was on the phone with the employee's that were helping you at the time at 10:00am. I do hope that you don't think that the case.

Again, I apologize for the frustration of your weekend. We look forward to your next visit.

Alex Fullerton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is close to the freeway and a bit hidden, so you will have to use your eyes as well as your GPS to find the location tucked behind a professional building and a gas station.
When I arrived the hotel had the front entrance taped up for new asphalt. The signs indicating to use the side doors (one which was locked) were small and confusing. Thankfully a staff member saw me rattling at the door and opened the door for me.

I had requested a quiet room and was given a room with an interconnecting door. The noise transfer was an issue. The room itself was very clean as was the hotel and the staff went above and beyond to give me a pleasant and effortless stay.

Room Tip: If a quiet room is important, please request a room without an inner connecting door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alex F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear greenwayplanner,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay. I do apologize for the confusion at check in regarding the work being done at the entrance. I did not put up very clear signs as to how to navigate around the hotel, totally my fault.
We do try to accommodate all guest request and also apologize that yours were not met, we will make sure we get you taken care of 100% next time you stay.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel is always helpful and friendly and is well priced for area.. It is located walking distance to the Vancouver mall Is only about 15 min from Portland airport And for being as close as is to freeway don't hear and traffic noise

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear David B,

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and our proximity to local attractions. We hope to see you again soon.

Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

At the Vancouver Mall. Very nice restaurants (ie) Red Robin, Red Lobster, the Olive Garden. restaurants nearby. Very close to freeway. Room was wonderful! King room very spacious, Bed very very comfortable.. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rm S,

Thank you for your review. I am please you had a good stay and will return. Thank you.

Richland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus Vancouver Mall Hotel & Suites many times. The beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The service is good. The breakfasts are adequate. The value is excellent! We look forward to staying there again and again. The hotel is centrally located to various restaurant choices and shopping. We travel 4 hours to reach the Portland/Vancouver area where we attend concerts. This hotel is "home."

Room Tip: Second floor on the back is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GigliRomano,

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty. We greatly appreciate it. I am glad that you enjoy our comfortable rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before, since then it's under new management... I was so excited after booking my two adjoining rooms, middle doors open. It's under NEW MANAGEMENT... Finally new flat screen TV's, we brought are PS3, for Netflix, is wifi connect.. Movies and games. All new bedding and dressers. Really reminds me of the HILTON. Only more reasonable. It's a Saturday to Sunday stay, they allowed me in at 1pm instead of checkin to set up.... Staff is amazing, always accommodating for any and every need.... Okay we have a ton of pillows ;-) I have a group of teens. Well mine are good, also another teen party same night. We had a spa themed sweet 16! And the girls all loved it sooooo much. I always stay here, and love it more under the new management!! It's a lot better. There breakfast in thee am are alwaaaaays good!!! And for a bunch of hungry teens, yes! Great food serving hot and cold. Also, so close to Portland, freeway is near. But no noise distraction I'm on 2nd floor. Last time was 4th floor and again no noise problems.
I will always come here. They helped make my babygirls sweet 16 all the better.
** Two rooms, connecting couches and all for under $200! Great Value! Beds are comfy. Can't wait to get some Zzzzzz's tonight. My girls are at pool now, having A BLAST!! Ty Rachel for booking rooms and helping. Staff is great! Great food, nearby mall ( walking distance ) as well as upscale and other restraunts..... All super close! Good choice for great price and amenities, sauna and work out room too....
I'll recommend to everyone.
Ohhhhhh also Kimberly (front desk) such a sweetheart, she worked late shift and is back in early am. I'm so glad she was here she had me smiling. Aswell as so beyond helpful! You'll be lucky to catch her, if here on a night you stay. Again all the staff is wonderful.... And soon there upgrading the rooms even more, huge flat screens..... Reminds me of the Hilton!!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Meeeeshell,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. I hope we made it a great Sweet 16. I am glad you enjoyed our excellent customer service and upgraded room amenities. We hope you visit again soon.

Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

An absolutely lovely hotel. Away from the river, a bit cheaper in price, delightful and helpful staff.

But, noisy.

It is 7 am and I am presently sitting in my room, after the worst night's sleep of the whole two-week long trip, writing this. The rude jerks in the room above me are stomping around like elephants, and the room next door is running their Jacuzzi. And I can hear every bit of it.

I called the desk last night at 11pm about the people above, and they did quite down for a while. At 6 this morning, they were back at it, and woke me up.

I realize that it is not the hotel's fault that some folks are loud and rude, but it is someone's fault that there sound dampening is non-existent.

For $107, I really expected to get a better night's sleep. Now, I get to drive to Seattle on about 4 hours' sleep.

Not planning on staying here again.
My wife is still sleeping, but she can sleep through about anything.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, and ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shop99er,

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and staff itself. I do apologize for any noise you may have had to listen to. We definitely try to handle every noise issue we have, sometimes as you said, people are inconsiderate and can't manage to respect others around them. For that I do apologize. Typically our guests to have a quite and good night of rest. I do encourage you to give us another try and let me prove it to you. Again, thank you for your time.

Alex Fullerton

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Vancouver Mall Dr. Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!