“Authentic Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Oregon
“Authentic Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I just returned from a trip in India and was happy to get a recommendation to go to this restaurant. It was a lovely reminder of all of the wonderful food we ate in India. I had the Saag Paneer and it was excellent. Others had vegi masala, chicken masala, and biriyani. They were all very good. The biriyani was a bit different than what I had in India, it was still very good. It didn't have the whole spices in it where I got an intense explosion of different spices with different bites. Not a fancy place and definitely worth going for the friendly people and the wonderful food.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been here twice and the food was excellent each time. Very authentic cuisine. Staff very attentive. I will definitely go there again when I am in the area.

Visited February 2014
The Great NW
“Great Quality, Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Being here in Vancouver on a car trip from Seattle area, we were very pleased to find the great reviews were on target. The Thali Dinner option was more than a person could finish, so we've got some leftovers.

Portland
“Best Indian experience so far....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Out of the 5 or 6 Indian restaurants I've tried in the Portland area, this has been the most enjoyable. I went for dinner and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the dishes. I still have a soft spot for the Indian food I've tried in NYC, but I'm glad to have this place nearby. The only weakness I've noticed so far is that the ambiance is mediocre and service was quite slow on a fairly busy evening. I will definitely go back to try more dishes soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I simply love Abhiruchi's! Firstly, the food is amazing. I've never been to India, but I have a feeling this is legitimate Indian food. My favorite is Chicken Tikka Masala witha bit of a kick and my wife is crazy about the Chicken Makahni (Butter chicken). Second, the service is excellent. You can tell it's a family run operation and the Proprietor and his wife are so friendly and helpful. We've never had a bad experience. The portions are large, prices are reasonable, and they even have a really good lunch buffet bar during the week.

TL;DR: This is the best food in Vancouver, period!

• Visited October 2013